Thread: Blood Rite visual effect (ritual field) can't be seen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Blood Rite visual effect (ritual field) can't be seen

If Bloodseeker casts a Blood Rite in a place where you can't see the center of AoE, you won't see the ritual field.

Create a lobby, pick any hero, create enemy Bloodseeker and level Blood Rite. Cast the blood rite on place where it's center will be in fog of war. You will see the explosion effect after 3 seconds but not the ritual field under you, so you have no time to escape the AoE.

Fix it please.

# Sorry for my bad english, correct my post please if I wrote it wrong.
    Last edited by vort3; 12-20-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Banned
    They should just make all spells visible if a single part of them appears on your screen, like False Promise.

Also this is the wrong sub-forum to post this.
    Last edited by Noo; 12-24-2014 at 10:03 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    this is the wrong sub-forum to post this.
    I'm sorry.

Basic Member
    This is happening to every fucking skill since the attempted fix at seeing spells through fog.

As brood a few hours ago for example, I couldn't see my own webs. I put the edge of them on cliffs so I can go up them, and I can't even see the edge of them when I'm in river.

You can't see crystal Maiden's ultimate either. etc etc

That makes so much more sense now. I'm pretty average MMR at 3.2 and could not figure out for my life why everyone was running into our CM's ulti every time she threw it. Thinking back, she was highground and NOBODY adjusted their paths etc to dodge it. I at first figured, meh, i'm still in the trench, but if it was invisible it would make much more sense.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beefdragon View Post
    That makes so much more sense now. I'm pretty average MMR at 3.2 and could not figure out for my life why everyone was running into our CM's ulti every time she threw it. Thinking back, she was highground and NOBODY adjusted their paths etc to dodge it. I at first figured, meh, i'm still in the trench, but if it was invisible it would make much more sense.
    Seems like CM's Freezing Field is a big object with the center placed at current CM's position, so if CM (objects's center) is out of vision, whole object becomes invisible (like with heroes, for example you can't see just a part of a hero, he can be completely visible or completely out of vision).
    I think Freezing Field should be implemented as a lot of little objects randomly appearing around CM instead of one big object, so they will be visible if CM is in fog of war.
    Last edited by vort3; 12-25-2014 at 12:36 PM.