Thread: the lore needs major overhaul

Basic Member

Unhappy the lore needs major overhaul

im terribly sorry but the lore of dota2 has a TON of flaws.

nearly all heroes have no explation why they are fighting in this war

no explanation about the jungle, runes and how all the creatures drop gold when they die.

and some heroes have terrible lore. simply terrible. all the heroes that just have "he's a spooooky and mistyrious.... wooooo..." really need to have their lore re-written from the ground up lore's like:
    Enigma
    Witch doctor
    tide hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Jew View Post
    im terribly sorry but the lore of dota2 has a TON of flaws.

Explain and give proper examples

nearly all heroes have no explation why they are fighting in this war

This isn't a flaw

no explanation about the jungle, runes and how all the creatures drop gold when they die.

Check archronicus for the 'gold' issue

and some heroes have terrible lore. simply terrible.

Subjective.

all the heroes that just have "he's a spooooky and mistyrious.... wooooo..." really need to have their lore re-written from the ground up lore's like:
    Enigma

Fits perfectly

Witch doctor

there is no 'wooo ... mysterious' tone in his lore.

tide hunter

WTF dude, what are you smoking?
    In red.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix. View Post
    2013: 10 heroes, 3 reworks, 4 events, hats, 1 arcana and TI
    2014: 4 heroes, 2 events, 2 arcanas, hats, 1 rework and TI.
    Lazyness. Not to mention the lack of bugfixes, and the amount of new ones with each new content added

Credits to Phoenix.

Basic Member
    how exactly having 0 information about the character's resons of fighting and motivation isn't a flaw? so you find it ok that all these characters fight each other cos of boredom?

just because enigma has a name implying mistery it doesn't mean that his lore can just be 'he's mystrious, the end.' at least write when he was first sighted and what are his intetions and maybe, personality.

witch doctor is not 'spooky' but there is little to no information about his origin "he is just a mystrious dude that allies love and enemies fear, the end.

same with tidehunter. except for the fact that he hates kunnka, no information about why he hates him and why he fights for the ancients.

also, there are far too many gods and fundementals that from some uspesified reson can be easily destoyed by a panda with stick or a teenage girl with a bow

Basic Member
    WC3 Dota had similary terrible lore. Lore doesn't matter that much in this game.
    Even though I would prefer it to be more developed, it's hardly an issue if it's not.
    Possible solution to foreigners issue
    In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war.

Oh yeah most of the lore reads like 2 guys did it in the cafeteria during lunch break, but exactly because of that I can't say I'm missing good lore in this game.

Basic Member
    I believe Valve is working on comic at the moment with more back story.

I completely agree about the fact that they need a reason for fighting. So far they've only mention in Void's lore what it is that they are fighting for in the first place. (Nemesis Stones)

Basic Member
    An explanation of the Ancients and why people fight for them is given in the Archronicus. I would also believe that the Nemesis Stones are the Ancients. And much of the lore is well written, very much so. Oracle, Meepo and those surrounding Maelrawn have fantastic lore for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Jew View Post
    and some heroes have terrible lore. simply terrible. all the heroes that just have "he's a spooooky and mistyrious.... wooooo..." really need to have their lore re-written from the ground up lore's like:
    Enigma
    Witch doctor
    tide hunter
    Enigma's lore is perfect. it is meant to know little and nothing about him. It's known more about his power than his very existence. Saying more about his origins and about him it would be just redundant.

Tidehunter's lore is quite fine, it's says for who is fighting and letting unknown the reason for why he hates Kunkka it's just ok. Yet it says little about his people and their reason but it's just irrelevant anyways.

Witch Doctor's lore sounds more like an introduction than a lore, so i agree with you in this point.

Btw, in WD lore never mentions his name, why is he called now ''Zharvakko'' ??
    PAS HALL OF FAME
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member
    I always thought of the heroes are simply glorified mercenaries that were either hired, persuaded, or were somehow convinced to fight for one side or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix. View Post
    Btw, in WD lore never mentions his name, why is he called now ''Zharvakko'' ??
    His lore certainly doesn't, but I checked the wiki and found that his second skill mentions his name.

Voodoo Restoration this for flavor text.

Zharvakko's hocus pocus is not limited only hexxing his opponents and is quite adept at curing ailments.
    Last edited by Isangman0; 01-23-2015 at 01:32 AM.