Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Low priority, I don't flame, I don't feed on purpose

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GGreen View Post
    Got 5x16 lpq games in a row doing nothing wrong on purpose. Permamuted - 180 hours of mute after like 3 hours of playing without mute even when im not USING CHAT just chatwheel.

Broken for me for like past month or something.

And I was scared to make post like this because noone would believe me.
    Well you 'well played!' every time your team die or make stupid plays, didn't ya! jaajajajajaja

Basic Member
    i report chatwheel spammer all the time and most of the time it gets through, yes the > Well played! spammer.

Your ranking and your streams are irrelevant. If Valve cared about a proper matchmaking system then you wouldn't be surrounded by allies that don't understand the basics of the game. It's great proof and it's appreciated by some, but not by Valve and that's the entity you have to satisfy. Speak to their wallet, and maybe you'll get a proper answer.

I also got into low priority for the first time while being perfectly honorable in all my games some time ago, it was before 6.82 I believe. From playing Bloodseeker. After that, I saw that Valve's system does not care about honor, so I treat it accordingly. I now feed intentionally sometimes if I know my teammates do not want to win anyway. I already knew there were problems with reports and matchmaking, but I guess putting us into low priority for doing nothing wrong is how Valve tells us that they don't care about honor. Just money. You can train all you want, but in the end you can only do so much when the system is corrupt. I also used to only abandon by lack of choice from connection going out and players not pausing the game for me. Now I sometimes abandon when I feel like it. Low priority is sometimes more enjoyable than ranked games, anyway. And it's always more enjoyable than non-ranked games.

Valve's system they have created, it has a mind of its own and is trying to turn us into terrible people. I'm not sure it if will succeed in my case, but I have definitely become a worse player. It is hard to find the will to train when I am covered in idiocy due to the way their matchmaking system works. The way things are, it seems nearly impossible to find a good game.
    Last edited by hoveringmover; 12-23-2014 at 04:28 PM.
    I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.

Basic Member
    Valve should hire in-game moderators

Quote Originally Posted by XGreen View Post
    Valve should hire in-game moderators
    Let's be realistic here. Valve will most likely never hire in-game moderators, they will just make a system similar to the overwatch from CS:GO and let the players do it themselves.

When you play pubs, you need a pub mentality.

If you insist on doing your own thing all the time, expect those reports to accumulate until you hit the tipping point where a single unjustified report will get you in LPQ/muted.

Getting sent to LPQ or getting muted is based on your average reports per game (total reports / total games), with there being max 1 report per game. When you hit that magical threshold, you get punished. People that have been punished once have a higher chance of getting punished again, as they only need enough reports to tip that average over the threshold again.

Don't know what else to say.

OP's case is somewhat unique, due to his rank being high enough that MM puts him with people far below his skill, puts him in a situation where he could end up with more reports than the average person for simply playing better. All I can suggest is smurfing (ruin games by having a rank far lower than your actual), which defeats the spirit of the system.

If a Valf is reading this, a potential solution would be to have tiered punishment threasholds, where your solo rank determines what punishment threshold you are judged on. A 6k player could theoretically require twice as many reports as a 2k player, to get the same punishment.

Basic Member
    where is the love?

make love not war

play sex not dota

/s

Basic Member
    it's not unique. unless you think every player who obviously see their teammates being noob ALL suffers from dunning kruger effect to the max.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmydorry View Post
    When you play pubs, you need a pub mentality.

If you insist on doing your own thing all the time, expect those reports to accumulate until you hit the tipping point where a single unjustified report will get you in LPQ/muted.

Getting sent to LPQ or getting muted is based on your average reports per game (total reports / total games), with there being max 1 report per game. When you hit that magical threshold, you get punished. People that have been punished once have a higher chance of getting punished again, as they only need enough reports to tip that average over the threshold again.

Don't know what else to say.

OP's case is somewhat unique, due to his rank being high enough that MM puts him with people far below his skill, puts him in a situation where he could end up with more reports than the average person for simply playing better. All I can suggest is smurfing (ruin games by having a rank far lower than your actual), which defeats the spirit of the system.

If a Valf is reading this, a potential solution would be to have tiered punishment threasholds, where your solo rank determines what punishment threshold you are judged on. A 6k player could theoretically require twice as many reports as a 2k player, to get the same punishment.

Basic Member
    I feel like the MMR system leaves support players like myself in the wind.

I get lp games more than anyone I know. 90% of the time it's not for abandoning/feeding.

I've gotten 16 lp games about 4-5 times in ~6 months. Only once did I really deserve that many lp games I think. After a losing streak I intentionally fed after getting 2 Peruvians who stole my lane after I called it and showed it on the map. I try to stay positive when I start to get angry but if I get the same nonsense 2-3 games in a row I just tilt and I'll lose 150mmr in a day. I was ~4.6k... I'd probably be 5k if I just spammed support heroes since that's what I'm best at. But after a few games in a row of playing 5 position, sacrificing everything for your team, buying all wards/courier & tp'ing everywhere to save ppl (Dazzle is my most played support)... only to have your cores either A) Not speak english or B) Make complete misplays and never listen... you just don't care anymore.

The next games I'll just refuse to play support because it's too frustrating... but that just usually ends with my team having 3-4 cores which is a loss 3/4ths of the time. I'm now only 4k with my overall skill level being around 4.8k I think. Now its even harder because I'm usually the best player on my team so I have to take charge and make calls. It actually has made me respect streamers like Envy a lot more because he has to do that shit every game... it can be soulcrushing.

It's funny, because I know if I just spammed dazzle/omni games I would probably get back to 4.7k relatively quickly. But when you're in the the middle of it and you get bad teammates 3 games in a row you just don't want to help anyone in the next game.

The most fun I've had in Dota was when I was 4.6k and would get MM with 5.3k players every 4th or 5th game or so during the late night hours. When I played support and did all the things I mentioned they would actually complement me and would be surprised I was 500 MMR lower than them.
    Last edited by Luxer; 12-23-2014 at 07:57 PM.

Banned
    Hey I found a solution to almost all problems in dota...
    It is very hard specially for some to apply but it is 100% possible... So what is it? It's simple don't play solo. Sounds ridiculous already ha? But if you think about a little more you'll see that it makes sense.
    Play as 5 with people you know or join chat rooms and find people have a little chat with just to realise if they are worth playing with.
    Currently the system is not in ideal state but they are working on it, however I don't see how they are gonna predict that someone is having bad day, stressed and can't concentrate and hence you probably don't want to play with them etc...