Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Low priority, I don't flame, I don't feed on purpose

Heh, this has happened to me countless of times(I've also recently made an example of such abuse here). I don't think that I exactly have the motivation or interest to become a 6k player(even though my skill level is quite high and am certainly capable of doing so) so most of my accounts are in the 3-4k unranked range. What Slasher described is a somewhat typical scenario around 4k MMR. For example, when I played some ranked games some time ago, one of my accounts was hovering around 3.8k. Guess what I get in team? Razor who RANDOMS and flames me for not (3rd) picking him a support. We then get bloodseeker and last pick techies but, the razor choose to spends the entire game flaming me and asking for entire team to report me for not doing anything wrong.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1098521486

I don't know why I even went woods in this match, since LC wood is not viable in the first place. But, I guess, it was just the fear of being reported and being put to LPQ. Either way, 2 games after this game, despite winning the last one, I was reported and put to LPQ. Note that, in this game, Pudge came to my mid despite my name indicating that I was going mid and carry role at that time.

It's clear people are just being salty and report you because they don't want you to mid, wich seems incredibly backwards. Reporting system should punish RULE-BREAKERS, not people who play differently(even if that annoys some people out). Yet, the fact is, that a mere fraction of people penalized are actual rule-breakers(like intentional feeder or ability abusers, like wisp teleporting people to a cliff). By far the majority of the people being punished are clearly those who are reported because they are salty someone lost a mid or something else.

It seems incredibly backwards to think that someone can report you for basically whatever reason they want, without anybody checking it, and put you into LPQ. They should have a system where they manually view reports, and if the person manually viewing reports realizes that more than in 99% of the cases the report was not because of feeding or ability abuse, abolish the system or at least greatly modify it so that only these real rule-breakers get penalized.
    Last edited by Kaiverrettu; 12-24-2014 at 02:30 AM.

Basic Member
    I got put in LPQ for the first time ever after 1700 games played because I started playing ranked and was getting matched with people 800-1500 mmr lower than me who were mad that I actually wanted to win the game and knew how to win better than them.

After you get into LPQ once, it seems that it becomes very easy to be put into it again, even if you didn't deserve that first time.

From reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by Invocaroo
    Hi, 4k player here who reported slasher. Slasher was our position 1 faceless void. He built a mek and had around 29 healing salves in his inventory. He would chrono both teams in the middle of a fight, salve his allies, pop mek, and proceeded to yell "SLASHER'S WAY". We gave him position 1 farm so he could be a position 5.

Granted, his unorthodox build worked and carried us to victory but I still felt it deserved a report.
    Not sure if it real or just joking.

Thats how low prio works now, its just like the mute system, it doesnt matters if you did anything wrong, it only matters if you pissed off enough people (Whether if its by doing something wrong or not)
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Basic Member
    Reminds me of the time Pendragon the customer manager of Riot that banned a player for randoming because he didn't like that specific character..:P

Basic Member
    I love this thread because it relates to a thread I made a few weeks ago.

If you go on to reddit or this forum as a nobody 3k player and say "I was LPQ/muted despite being innocent" you'll get a torrent of abuse about probably deserving it and being a 3k scrub who should delete dota. No discussion is allowed whether or not the report system works - straight up if you claim to be innocent it means you're guilty.

Then well-known Slahser comes along and suddenly everyone is bending over backwards to acknowledge how fucked the system is. LMAO. Goes to show.

Anyway bro, it's just how the game works now. Cosmetics coming out of your ass with a few updates a year, but big issues remain totally unresolved. Maybe they can make it a TI5 Stretch Goal huh (which means it'll take them months to deliver anyway).

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockwithu View Post
    Yo bro, I feel sorry for you but I really don't like your attitude for 4k players. Yes you can find tons of 4k noob trashes but more than half of 4k players are at least not horrible, maybe you just need to communicate more.

Yes current report system is pure shit, sometimes you feel your team should split farm but the rest of 4 decided to fight 4v5 and end up with 4 for 1 trade or something, then they ping you 100 times and say you are reported, what can you do except of more communication? However there's nothing much can be done about this report system, hire 10000 people to evaluate every report would be a nice solution, but will volvo do that?
    If you "communicate more" you just get muted by Valve after the person you communicate with reports you. Or worse, they report you for feeding and you have an even higher chance of LPQ. This is compounded for really high MMR players who are routinely matched with lower-skilled players (e.g. 5.2k can often play with 4.5k players), because MMR is hidden in the beginning. The arrogant 4.5k player, if he hears advice or communication, does not understand he is playing with someone way better than him and just reports. Sad enough, I bet even if he knew the MMR of the player giving the information, he'd still report.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiverrettu View Post
    I don't think that I exactly have the motivation or interest to become a 6k player(even though my skill level is quite high and am certainly capable of doing so) so most of my accounts are in the 3-4k unranked range.
    http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota...levelup_13.mp3
    Retards and resident forum trolls use my signature ad hominem against me so have this instead.

Do yourself a favor and add resident troll Noo to your ignore list.

Basic Member
    Slahser, you've come to the wrong place. If you want valve to hear you, post in reddit, since there is where all the suggestions and fricking roshans christmas hats come from. It's all about hats. I have been following you from a while and i don't need to see the replay to say that you are telling the truth, but, forget about it, in a short period of time a valve drone will spawn over there to tell you that you are not right, that the system is perfect and cannot commit mistakes.

Sadly, you are not the only one. You were an active pro player years ago and your reputation is understandable, but even active pro players get this shit from time to time, for no reason. Why? Because valve encourages punishment instead of positive feedback. I'm sure that if valve gives the power to reward the nice part of the community, instead of punish people (innocent or not) (hats? karma?) it could work better.

But hey, what i'm saying dudes? This should be on Reddit... if they can change the side where boots are facing at, can put a christmas hat on Roshan and basically, can decide how should be the next patch on balancing demands... why they cannot make valve see the point that the entire MMR and automated report system is broken?

Good luck with the low prio, and keep helping people to getting good. And remember, if you want valve to hear you, don't waste time here, go to Reddit.

Basic Member
    I just got 3 low prio games for excessive reports from people who literally have 0 game understanding. "report QoP farming enemy jungle" was what put me into my current low prio. Farming enemy jungle = reported = low prio.

That's it for me. I'm switching to LoL. It's probably no better, but it'll keep my busy until HotS comes out next year.