Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Low priority, I don't flame, I don't feed on purpose

Well, I got an 152 hour mute for some reason (Getting reported for nothing), no low prio or anything like that. But still I think that this is really unfair.
    A man is walking down the street, he walks past a car and what does he see on the back-seat of the car: a BRICK, he pulls out his BRICK throws it through the window, picks up the other BRICK and runs away. Today's thieves: They will steal anything.

Basic Member
    I just got put into lpq after this game 1112838648, i'm a 5.5k player and I didn't talk AT ALL in this game, not a SINGLE word was said. I won my offlane, won the game for my team whilst a storm flamed me and BH, what is wrong with this system?
    Note: I got SEVEN lpq games for this, I'm also muted so there's evidence that I can't talk at all.
    Edit: Game had players from 4.7k-6.2k, balance in all things

Banned
    Feeding and flaming are not the only reasons to get into LP.

If you got punished, then you clearly did something the community didn't like, whether it was carrying your team, being a community member or being rude, these are all valid reasons if the community decided to punish you for them.

Basic Member
    If u lose, u deserve this, that's current dota logic, sometimes u get report on win but it's unlikely, avoid losses at any cost.

Basic Member
    But we won that game and I didn't feed or do anything wrong as an offlane meepo.

I'm reading this thread and I'm pretty sure some of you belong muted or in low pro.
    Why? I am perfectly OK with being at my 3800 MMR. Sure sometimes the games suck sometimes I want to flame. You probably are right it is hard to get the team to communicate and it's tough to get cohesion in a group of strangers. However I do my best to learn to teach and to have fun win or lose. Something MMR chasers probably don't do. I am only at my MMR because well I'm older but I love playing DOTA and have been for the last 10 or so years. I know the ins and outs, what to do when to pull how to stack how to pull through multiple camps how to last hit what spells do what with what exceptions but my reflexes aren't as good as the next guy and sometimes I just plainly get out played or I try heroes that are not easy to play which are some supports. I try to get better every game and I try to play with the team. I have gotten pissed and flamed and was with a team of 4 or 3 stacked and I have yet to have a comm ban or low pro. Only time I was in low pro was when I had a CPU issue and kept rebooting when it overheated. I have 3367 hours in and with my knowledge and exp I should be at a higher MMR but I just like having fun so I really haven't played ranked in quite some time. But if I do and I'm still at the same level then that's where i need to be.

I do my own thing, well it's a team game join the fun or be reported. The hard part about these games is everyone is the captain so as someone said you might as well get some friends together and play with a team or a couple of friends.

Everyone keeps quoting one game, well you aren't getting low pro from one game. If you get low pro over and over well you either are really doing something wrong or it looks like you are doing something wrong. You may not like what I'm saying but that's my perspective. If you are getting blamed for something take a look from the outside. Look at your replays, not just the one you went 14-0 and won but the one you went 4-0-0 when you should have shown up to team fights but didnt and the team lost them. Everyone can improve.

With all that said i do agree the systems do need a bit of work but they do work overall.

Feel free to troll my profile:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999629272/
    Last edited by curtdragon; 12-24-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    Feeding and flaming are not the only reasons to get into LP.

If you got punished, then you clearly did something the community didn't like, whether it was carrying your team, being a community member or being rude, these are all valid reasons if the community decided to punish you for them.

And what is the reason?
    I hate people like you.

For example, I got 3lpq games after a game where I was muted and carried hard.
    How come?

How on earth can you get placed into LPQ if you did your best and you couldn't flame your teammates in any way, even with pings, since they're limited when you're muted?

As we all know, 95% of dota players, report people they dislike, even tho they don't have any real reason to do so. And that is a FACT.

People report their teammates, opponents, everyone. And you just get placed into lpq like that, based on number of reports.
    I'm not saying that sometimes that isn't justified, but sometimes is just ridiculous. You really think that most people that get reported by random angry dota players deserve lpq?

If you do, you're a classic obey the law peasant.
    In CSGO you at least have overwatch, where someone actually looks if a given person deserves the ban or lpq in this case.

Either remove lpq based on reports or have someone actually look into it. This isn't working.

Banned
    And what is the reason?
    That doesn't matter, a report is valid as long as it has a reason, the nature of that reason is somewhat irrelevant.

There is no such thing as an invalid report, or a ridiculous reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    That doesn't matter, a report is valid as long as it has a reason, the nature of that reason is somewhat irrelevant.

There is no such thing as an invalid report, or a ridiculous reason.
    Nice strawman attempt, but no.
    Usual valve peasant.

Let's put it this way.
    Since I'm so ignorant that I can't comperhand what should be the reason of getting lpq like that, can you name me a few examples?
    I, and many other players got 3 games lpq punishment while they were muted.
    So, how is it possible that someone who can't flame at and plays his best gets into lpq?
    I mean I know how, by getting reported by random people, but what's the reason why should they report you?

Me picking carry and getting insta reported just because some other guy wanted to play it too deserves lpq? Even if I said at start that I'll pick carry and asked for it nicely. Cause I get reported for picking it a lot.

No more strawmans, straight up answer or don't reply at all.

Basic Member
    ^