Thread: [Brewmaster]Thunder Clap uses creep duration vs creep-heroes instead of hero duration

Basic Member

[Brewmaster]Thunder Clap uses creep duration vs creep-heroes instead of hero duration

BM's clap debuff lasts a lot longer on the druid's Spirit Bear than it does on the druid himself.

I do not know is this intended or not, but it feels ridiculous to have the clap lasts 8 seconds on the bear while lasting only 4 seconds on the druid.

I heard from some players (like Admiral Bulldog) that the above is a well known bug, but that it has not been fixed.

It seems like a very random thing to make the clap last so long on the bear, while almost all other spells treat the bear as a hero (reduced debuff duration for clap on heroes).

E: Same goes against Warlock's Golems, the Primal Split spirits and Visage's Familiars (creep-heroes).

Last edited by bu3ny; 06-05-2017 at 06:29 AM. Reason: added vid

Not all spells treat it as a hero. Some do, some don't. There is no set rule for this. 8 seconds is the creep duration of Thunderclap. Looks like it treats creep-heroes as creeps (creep heroes are the spirit bear, warlock golems, visage birds and brewmaster spirits).
    Last edited by bu3ny; 06-05-2017 at 05:36 AM.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    Not all spells treat it as a hero. Some do, some don't. There is no set rule for this. 8 seconds is the creep duration of Thunderclap. Looks like it treats creep-heroes as heroes (creep heroes are the spirit bear, warlock golems, visage birds and brewmaster spirits).
    Is this how it is intended to work?

Does it work like that in Dota 1? (i dont have war3 currently to test it).

Everyone can make a mistake, but i find it slightly harder to believe that a pro player like Bulldog would think something is a bug - while it actually is an intended function.

Either way thanks for replying.
    It is a minor issue at worst, slightly annoying to the druid.

Banned
    It doesn't act this way in WC3, not in the 6.79c map and that hasn't been changed since then.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    It doesn't act this way in WC3, not in the 6.79c map and that hasn't been changed since then.
    So the Clap has a short duration against the Spirit Bear in dota 1/war3?

I guess that would mean that the Clap in Dota 2 really is bugged - it should not be lasting that long on the Spirit Bear.

Can someone please add this to the list of known bugs?
    Seems like a simple and quick fix, easy to implement in one of the micro-patches

Moved and added
    Please, just call me buny.