Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Ingame Music Player

Basic Member

[Suggestion] Ingame Music Player

Pretty simple it plays music of your favorite songs, you picked from your computer while you play DotA 2 and friends and party mates can sync with one person and steam the same music as they play if they want to, it would make DotA 2 more enjoyable.

Basic Member
    no

Basic Member
    i dont see whats the problem with the music player as it doesn't effect any game play at all, you will have a option to turn it off if you dont like it like it was never there also some players play best with music and no the sounds of last hitting

Basic Member
    I was about to make this topic...

What about the option to listen your playlist in DotA 2 and lowering the music when someone speak on microphone? Would be pretty good for those who enjoy playing listening the metal

First of all, sharing music online (through streaming or otherwise) is questionably legal and not something a renowned video game company is ever going to encourage.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayzonlord View Post
    i dont see whats the problem with the music player as it doesn't effect any game play at all, you will have a option to turn it off if you dont like it like it was never there also some players play best with music and no the sounds of last hitting
    Secondly, Windows Media Player or VLC player can queue songs in a playlist, loop the play and run in the background without interfering with other programs. I'm speaking from personal experience (oh those days before Valve broke HLSS and HLDJ) but no one wants to listen to your music. We all prefer to listen to our own shitty music.

I, for one, welcome our new Russian overlords.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k0i View Post
    First of all, sharing music online (through streaming or otherwise) is questionably legal and not something a renowned video game company is ever going to encourage.

Secondly, Windows Media Player or VLC player can queue songs in a playlist, loop the play and run in the background without interfering with other programs. I'm speaking from personal experience (oh those days before Valve broke HLSS and HLDJ) but no one wants to listen to your music. We all prefer to listen to our own shitty music.

yeah, i agree with you, but WMP doesn't has an 'integration' with the DotA 2 so, you can't lower the volume when someone speaks on mic like i said

Insted of that, let DotA take control over the audio of other applications just as Skype does. So when you or your friends use the mic, music gets a bit lower. This would be fairly easy, taking in account that Windows 7 now has a different mixer for every open program.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZShock View Post
    Insted of that, let DotA take control over the audio of other applications just as Skype does. So when you or your friends use the mic, music gets a bit lower. This would be fairly easy, taking in account that Windows 7 now has a different mixer for every open program.

THIS

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZShock View Post
    +1

+1 ZShock
    Sometimes I'm in TS with Mates and the other players on the team speak over DotA. So I can't listen to them properly.