Thread: [Request] Better handling of modifier properties requiring a specific variable type

Basic Member

[Request] Better handling of modifier properties requiring a specific variable type

A couple of days ago, I came to the conclusion through testing that MODIFIER_PROPERTY_BASEDAMAGEOUTGOING_PERCENTAGE had no effect. However, I was informed that it was working correctly for someone else, and through more testing, I discovered that I was setting the value to a FIELD_FLOAT variable when a FIELD_INTEGER one was required.

Silently ignoring "malformed" values like this isn't the best way of handling them. I know malformed property names will print an error in the console; it would be lovely if the same happened for values (especially since some use floats and some use ints). Alternatively, values could probably be cast to the correct type behind the scenes (though with potential loss of precision when casting from floats to ints).

Basic Member
    On a related note, it would also be nice if an error were printed out when a RunScript command is unable to find the desired function.

From Beta Notes:

* Fixed several fields not respecting the %<var_name> format for variables in datadriven items
    * Fixed datadriven abilities not being able to set the proper modifier states

Maybe fixed these.