Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: World Map of Dota2, Happy New Year to all!!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Berra_la View Post
    Was fun to look around.. not really something I'd come back to, but impressive job nonetheless.

Why is called "World map of DotA 2"? The universe is the same as DotA 1. Just drop the number in my opinion.
    No its not. Dota 1 occurred alongside Warcraft 3's story. There is no Warcraft in Dota 2. No Lich King, No Kalimdor, No Azeroth, nothing (But there might be a ctf_2fort)

So you have done a very nice and commendable job on this map, and I salute you for it. However, I do bring a few criticisms.
    One has already been stated, that the Void is not really an outworld/parallel dimension, but it is located off-planet, therefore it shouldn't be shown, or if it is, in a way that clearly shows it to be in space.
    Also, there's something off about the placement of the deserts: the Blazing deserts surrounded by water is one thing, but the scintillating wastes are right beside a snowy region. The deserts should be a bit more inland and separate from the rest, like the Empire of Bones. (which is also beside the snowy regions, but you get my point^^)
    And finally, I think the Jidi Isle is too big, their description reminds me more of the Phillipines, a place with a very diverse ecosystem, but quite alien to the rest of the world and very competitive. I'll admit that from the description it is at least 30 kilometers long, but I still saw them more the size of your Isle of Masks than the little continent we see, which looks like an equivalent to Australia.
    Oh and Chen's locale shouldn't be very far from the Desert (maybe the Blazing one from Lina's story?) since that is where he spent his childhood.
    I still think you did a terrific job, and this is just a few opinions on it, I might be wrong on some points, and so if that's the case feel free to point it out^^

Wow this is awesome, this needs to be in the front page of Dota 2.

Yep, a map of this kind should be implemented on the game, but maybe (probably) it will be.

Great work : )

Basic Member
    I love how even icefrog has a lore lol.

I loved it. Should be canonized.

Just amazing, loved it!

One single request, get this map updated for the new heroes plz!

Basic Member
    If the map ever gets remade to be able to host more heroes, I think you should redo the whole concept. The geography is pa littlemessy, with patches of green and deserts and ice seemingly randomly placed. While DOTA is fantasy, most lores do follow some reality to some degree. Examples would be Final Fantasy, Avatar (The Last Airbender), LOTR.

Deserts are found at the center of large continents, cold regions are at the extreme ends of the world and at high points, and the rest would be greenery. Marshes and swamps can be sprinkled around.

Just some feedback, the work done is still fabulous.

Although the map itself needs to be updated with the release of new heroes, it would be a fantastic addition to the Dota 2 Main Menu. It could be placed in the Learn tab (leave the original view as another option or people will start complaining), but this will let people experience the heroes stories in a new light. Also if valve decides to input this, make animations or small quests/training minigames(?) that let you try out the heroes instead of having to play them in a match. The training could consist of basic stuff e.g. Last hitting (too many people still auto-hit), using the hero's skills, *possibly* a short movie/quest where you can play out the character (i.e. Lycan's Escape from the evil King?). It'll make Dota 2 into a full game which would have the possibility to become the best game of the year.

Basic Member
    Great job

Holy shit dude, now that is Awesomeness. +1 for making this the official map of dota 2.

FIX MMR POINTS TO BE AWARDED FOR INDIVUDUAL PERFORMANCE RATHER THAN WHOLE TEAM SHARING THE FATE FOR THE FEEDER AND VICE VERSA. SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE +VE MMR POINTS EVEN AFTER A LOSS IF YOU DID REALLY WELL.
    ADD THE SURRENDER BUTTON SO THE CRUSHED TEAM DOES NOT WASTE >10 MINS AFK AT FOUNTAIN
    ADD SIZE CUSTOMIZATION FOR THE HUD.