Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing hero skill sounds across the map

This is an addition that i reeeeally like. It's always good to know that their QoP is out of Sonic Waves up there on top. Even if i'm a Warlock, babysitting Void on bot.

I quite like hearing the sounds of abilities. Particularly when someone is playing QoP and you can hear her screaming. That makes sense to me. I suppose it depends on the skill. If it's snipers ult for example that makes sense too. If it's a quiet skill then it makes less sense.

I was going to post about it. I can hear ursa screaming when she is on jungle.

Hear rasta using hex, or anything. It kind ruin jungle heros. It's awesome to hear all those effects, but they easly gave your direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post

Hear rasta using hex, or anything. It kind ruin jungle heros. It's awesome to hear all those effects, but they easly gave your direction.
    Well I don't think they give your direction, but you are right that they can give a clue about your location. If you aren't visible in lane and they know you are fighting then they know you are in a jungle SOMEWHERE, but that isn't that game changing. Good players will already know that if they don't see you in lane for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post

Good player will throw tons of ward in the jungle anyway. They always can speculate if you are in the jungle or not. And not all players turn on the sound. My bro, who is a pro, always mutes the game and listens to music while playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by evM- View Post
    Use the search function before posting.

PD: Hearing ultimate skills like dismember is completely intended. Like in dota 1.
    Replying with big red font is intended too? Aww.

Well, it would be ok if you are just near the hero, but it's not ok when I'm standing at base, thend point my look towards roshan, and hear silencer's glavies pounding on him. No need to ward to check whether they are here ._.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowThanatos View Post
    Good player will throw tons of ward in the jungle anyway. They always can speculate if you are in the jungle or not. And not all players turn on the sound. My bro, who is a pro, always mutes the game and listens to music while playing it.
    Bullshit. Sounds should not be heard if they come from the fog of war.

Basic Member
    I've heard pudge ulty without having vision of him on the map, Im pretty sure

Quote Originally Posted by Lencovic View Post
    I've heard pudge ulty without having vision of him on the map, Im pretty sure
    Pud's ulti is one of those casts you will always hear with or without fog It's like techies ultimate when they kill someone