Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing hero skill sounds across the map

Hearing hero skill sounds across the map

Am I suposed to hear Svens "Storm Hammer" or Pudges "Dismember" when they are cast at top lane shop, when I'm at bottom lane shop? I am like million kilometers away from them and still hearing their skill sounds.

I was just coming on here to check on this. I was in a game yesterday where I kept hearing Ursa casting his 2nd skill, he was supposedly jungling so it worried me thinking someone was getting ganked. Instead he was nowhere to be found...still jungling, completely out of sight of my team. Seems odd that I'd be hearing him when we can't even see him, and very distracting.

That adds some atmosphere =). Actually, I kinda like this, it makse you worry about everything and makes you focus. But if you think it is distracting, just turn off the sound.

Basic Member
    Use the search function before posting.

PD: Hearing ultimate skills like dismember is completely intended. Like in dota 1.

Quote Originally Posted by evM- View Post
    Use the search function before posting.

PD: Hearing ultimate skills like dismember is completely intended. Like in dota 1.
    Funny that you write in those big red letters when you are completely wrong. They aren't talking about ultimate sounds at all. You are supposed to hear sounds which allies are in range of hearing. But it was strange that you heard when an enemy ursa cast his abilities out of sight. So that is probably a bug.

Basic Member
    I sometimes like this. Specially when Im running for my life and they have a Clockwerk, I hear the SPSSSSSHSSSSSSSHHHHH of his rocket and GTFO \/

Quote Originally Posted by Konung View Post
    Funny that you write in those big red letters when you are completely wrong. They aren't talking about ultimate sounds at all. You are supposed to hear sounds which allies are in range of hearing. But it was strange that you heard when an enemy ursa cast his abilities out of sight. So that is probably a bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by hihuli View Post
    Am I suposed to hear Svens "Storm Hammer" or Pudges "Dismember" when they are cast at top lane shop, when I'm at bottom lane shop? I am like million kilometers away from them and still hearing their skill sounds.

Also considering Sven's Storm Hammer is a ganking skill, you can hear it because your allies are in range of it. The second poster's report seems to be unrelated to the OP, which evM was addressing.

I, for one, welcome our new Russian overlords.

Basic Member
    i just got killed 3 times in wood with furion beacuse enemys could hear me using neatures call, this IS an issue that neads fixing

This happens. I can hear Barathrum charging fom before his tower even when fog's over him. Seconds later he's in the middle lane. Profit?

The sounds that are audible from long distance appear to be random. If it was only ultimate skills, or only teleport skills, etc., that'd be fine.

I don't think the sounds that are audible are consistent with DotA1, but my memory is hazy there. Regardless, it's kind of silly being able to hear things occurring half the map away while obscured by fog.
    Change has kept DotA alive, evolving, and improving since 2002. And now DotA has an entire new engine at it's disposal, with infinite new capabilities.

So why are there so many DotA fundamentalists/conservatives that oppose new features, options, and information?

Embrace the change.