Thread: Phase boots/WC3 engine limitations to DotA2

Basic Member

Phase boots/WC3 engine limitations to DotA2

Searched for it and didn't found any topic about this..

First of all, sorry for bad english.
    I noticed one thing, some WC3 limitations is imported to DotA2, many of them, propositally...
    But phase boots, as discussed in PD forums, it do not impact gameplay and balance...
    The limitation is:
    Phase effect is dispelled after casting an skill.
    Criticals, bashs, and chance-proc skills will not prompt during phase.
    if it was not a WC3 engine limitation it would be implanted in DotA1.
    But, why bring this limitation to DotA2?

Basic Member
    it's not there

Banned
    phase is definitely canceled when you use an item

Banned
    It's balance related thing, not engine limitation.

Awe the old controversial boots change saga.

When HoN still followed the DotA's changelog it copied the old phase boots change where you could use it in combat with skills.
    The only problem is, in DotA it did not quite work as initially intended (orbs malfunctioned I think). So it was changed back, but it was kept in HoN however (because it worked as intended on the S2 engine).

So HoN's Ghost marchers = originally planned phase boots change gone wrong due to war3 engine limitations.
    Although a lot has changed since then so don't know if Icefrog still wants the change.

At least that's how I remember it, could be wrong with the whole using skills and also having phase still active thing ,since there would of been no way to disable phase effect to start bashing/doing criticals.
    Last edited by akaHideinlight; 12-31-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaHideinlight View Post
    Awe the old controversial boots change saga.

When HoN still followed the DotA's changelog it copied the old phase boots change where you could use it in combat with skills.
    The only problem is, in DotA it did not quite work as initially intended (orbs malfunctioned I think). So it was changed back, but it was kept in HoN however (because it worked as intended on the S2 engine).

So HoN's Ghost marchers = originally planned phase boots change gone wrong due to war3 engine limitations.
    Although a lot has changed since then so don't know if Icefrog still wants the change.

At least that's how I remember it, could be wrong with the whole using skills and also having phase still active thing.
    this