Thread: Suggestion: Change the square which represent tower to something else

Basic Member

Lightbulb Suggestion: Change the square which represent tower to something else

The tower and building icons look so bland on the minimap. I think since we have hero icons on the minimap by pressing ALT, we should change tower icons to something more attractive, we would still need the current one though for color blinded people. Since minimap is an important part of the game, I think it should be more attractive with pinging as well, in some other games, the pinging effect is so good. Drawing on the minimap should have some effects on lighting on the real map for allies, something like wind blowing the trees to the direction we are drawing, that would be so cool imo.

Last point: Can we remove the pointer of which direction heroes are facing on both allies and enemies? I don't see why it should be there, except for confirming my own hero direction before executing skills. The double circle in dota 1 is good. Can we change into that instead?
    Chinese Safe gaming => Everyone skills are buffed => Fast game 5 mans => Rat doto => nerf rat doto, buff moar => combat are scary back to chinese style :3

Quote Originally Posted by valvi View Post
    The tower and building icons look so bland on the minimap. I think since we have hero icons on the minimap by pressing ALT, we should change tower icons to something more attractive
    Perhaps... TOWERS. Agreed, though.

Quote Originally Posted by valvi View Post
    Drawing on the minimap should have some effects on lighting on the real map for allies, something like wind blowing the trees to the direction we are drawing, that would be so cool imo.
    Actually this is an awesome idea! The drawn lines appearing on the real world should be really useful! However, with all the people drawing genitals and scratches on the map I would regret my decision if I would approve this in-game.
    Credits to Phoenix.