Thread: [Confirmed] Enchant Totem Rubick bug

[Confirmed] Enchant Totem Rubick bug

After stealing enchant totem: Attack, and while projectile is in mid air, use the skill. When the projectile hits, Rubick loses enchant totem buff and no additional damage is done.

Game reference: #1150728242

Result: enchant totem does no damage and buff is lost when there is already an attack projectile in mid air.

Might happen in ability draft too

Basic Member
    Does opposite also work? Like with fast enough attack speed, can you get more than one attack off because the buff only disappears when the attack hits?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crinckle View Post
    Does opposite also work? Like with fast enough attack speed, can you get more than one attack off because the buff only disappears when the attack hits?
    I think so, I think I saw a bug report about that in the -AD sub-forum.

It is a timing problem. It would be better if they make him lose the buff upon projectile launch (appereantly its damage is applied upon projectile launch when the buff is present), instead of projectile hit.

Yes, this will make missed attacks waste the buff, but it fixes quite a few problem with this spell on ranged heroes. Also, it works that way in DotA1 iirc.

@crinckle, yes it does. Enchant Totem + Overpower on lina is autowin
    Last edited by bu3ny; 01-16-2015 at 09:05 AM.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    It is a timing problem. It would be better if they make him lose the buff upon projectile launch (appereantly its damage is applied upon projectile launch when the buff is present), instead of projectile hit.

Yes, this will make missed attacks waste the buff, but it fixes quite a few problem with this spell on ranged heroes. Also, it works that way in DotA1 iirc.
    It is not removed immediately when the attack starts else it would not get any damage boost. But yes the buff removal is determined when the attack starts so anything from cancelling the attack, the attack being interrupted mid attack point and missing will cause him to lose the buff.
    Finally decided to "transition" to dota 2. Still does not like moving.