Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Report Abusing got so out of hand that it became Standard

Report Abusing got so out of hand that it became Standard

There are 3 options in the report function: chat abuse, ability abuse and intentional feeding.

But let's face it... EVERYONE just reports whoever the hell they want. And the system actually rewards this behavior by giving you extra reports to abuse. Eventually you've abused it enough that you have enough reports to use on every game.

People are NOT using reports solely on spammers, Tony-Toss-into-enemies abusers or 1-15 feeders.

People are abusing the reports to use on:
    - pausers
    - unpausers
    - tryhards that ward enemy jungle
    - Techies pickers
    - not picking a support as last pick
    - people that only pick one hero for 10 games in a row
    - fountain campers
    - people that use the noob word on other players
    - not upgrading a courier
    - farming instead of feeding in the enemy woods
    - not buying wards
    - not ganking
    - not calling miss
    - ratting the enemy base
    - taking a rune
    - buying a Rapier
    - buying a Midas
    - not buying what pros usually buy on a hero
    - buying the same items that pros usually buy on a hero
    - reporting the ENEMY because of rage (Even pro players sometimes do it, just look at this example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPnwWsYpgeQ)
    - it's a pro player that lost your rares so you reported him
    - etc

The list just goes on and on. All of the above are part of the game and shouldn't be reportable.

Bottom line, you get reported and sent to LPQ just because 2-3 people don't like you, not because of bad behavior.

ps - I really hope some moron doesn't do stupid shit again and ban me for telling the truth because I can just create a new account

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed

I just received 3 repots, i was playing with friend in stack we are 2 in team and matchmaking got us with 3 players some racist arabs flamers. I had score 2-2-3 and they all had 1-8 1-9 1-12 including my friend. Arabs wrote reported you 2. And i will go in low prio for sure without reason for that ...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Luffydude View Post
    There are 3 options in the report function: chat abuse, ability abuse and intentional feeding.

But let's face it... EVERYONE just reports whoever the hell they want. And the system actually rewards this behavior by giving you extra reports to abuse. Eventually you've abused it enough that you have enough reports to use on every game.

People are NOT using reports solely on spammers, Tony-Toss-into-enemies abusers or 1-15 feeders.

- pausers
    - unpausers
    - Techies pickers
    - fountain campers
    - not buying wards
    - not ganking
    - not calling miss
    - ratting the enemy base
    - taking a rune
    - buying a Rapier
    - buying a Midas
    - reporting the ENEMY because of rage (Even pro players sometimes do it, just look at this example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPnwWsYpgeQ)
    - etc

The list just goes on and on. All of the above are part of the game and shouldn't be reportable.

Bottom line, you get reported and sent to LPQ just because 2-3 people don't like you, not because of bad behavior.

ps - I really hope some moron doesn't do stupid shit again and ban me for telling the truth because I can just create a new account
    This. I can just keep reporting the russian trash that keeps infesting EU west which is fine and helps keeping the environment clean but not really what the report system is designed to do.
    Volvo, how the fk are we supposed to stick by the rules and not get reported if those rules are different for everyone and there is no one controlling at all why people are reporting someone? Either implement oversight or remove your utterly broken and useless report system

Because I don't want to be the bad guy that closes everything:

What reason do you have for NOT posting this in the sticky? You definitely know about it... So that at least I can see a reason for it.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Quote Originally Posted by Agravaine View Post
    This. I can just keep reporting the russian trash that keeps infesting EU west which is fine and helps keeping the environment clean but not really what the report system is designed to do.
    This so much this. I must admit I do this every single time and I get reports back pretty much every time

Although I can't contain myself so whenever they spam the chat with their jibberish I can't avoid saying cyka in the chat, and they report me for doing this on EU WEST.

Sadly if a russian doesn't even know how to select russia or even EU East, it's not LPQ that is going to teach him

Simple and obvious things that should get fixed/added asap: SCOREBOARD, Ingame friend list, Different Ping for Roshan, Add Notes to Players, Accept Button while tabbed

kudos to the moderator for being a reasonable person
    that being said, I don't think anyone reads the stickies unless they are new. This person is probably trying to bring alight the topic again in a way that more people will see. ALl of the suggestions threads and stuff are just 60 pages of crap that no one is going to read :/

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nyxeka View Post
    kudos to the moderator for being a reasonable person
    that being said, I don't think anyone reads the stickies unless they are new. This person is probably trying to bring alight the topic again in a way that more people will see. ALl of the suggestions threads and stuff are just 60 pages of crap that no one is going to read :/
    This +100000

I read the stickies about as much as volvo devs read the forums, which is never.
    Volvo, how the fk are we supposed to stick by the rules and not get reported if those rules are different for everyone and there is no one controlling at all why people are reporting someone? Either implement oversight or remove your utterly broken and useless report system

Basic Member
    This is mostly why im every week starting with low priority becouse some drunk people thought it's fun to spam on some guys a reports. Remove ingame reporting system and put forum reporting system where mods would decide is it disturbing enought to get banned or not.

This is where i got reported:
    http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1172929683
    invoker is friend in stack. I muted my other 3fellas becouse of flame/rage etc. srsly it's so fucked if someone rage/flame and someone play ignorance with them they just report him. This was even an unranked game wtf? Every week starts with lowpriority matches wtf.
    Last edited by masterboy; 01-18-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luffydude View Post

- pausers
    - unpausers
    - Techies pickers
    - fountain campers
    - not buying wards
    - not ganking
    - not calling miss
    - ratting the enemy base
    - taking a rune
    - buying a Rapier
    - buying a Midas
    - etc

I agree with all of those reasons not being reportable except:
    *some unpausing occasions (when everyone in the game is agreeing to pause and the one person is repeatedly unpausing because they can't wait for 1 min. Its ok to pause for a min or so (after all even if you're expecting a 40 min dota game it could take over an hour, so 1 or 2 mins isn't a big deal))
    * certain picks should be reportable (like if you really want to carry so bad just ask nicely at the start or pick first before anyone else on your team gets the carry) In a normal game last picking a carry isn't an issue, because if you lose due to being unable to farm then it doesn't affect the rest of the team, but last picking a carry at the end when you have 3 carries already is almost ability abuse (unless that carry is actually very useful and wins the game)
    * Certain items should be reportable (courier mass purchase or divine rapier for no reason). Or a support like cm who doesn't really assist in warding and rushes a midas instead. If the cm gets midas its ok as long as she gets wards before and after the midas (if she's the only one supporting)
    * Picking a hero repeatedly to win is almost like ability abuse. If you pick a hero repetitively to practice (or trying to get a combo for a dotacinema video for example) thats ok. If you pick magnus to try get 5 man rp's thats fine. If you like picking earth spirit because you enjoy the way you use the skills thats fine. If you pick es because you feel like its easy mmr, that's abuse. Is a player who climbs from 4k mmr to 6k mmr from only picking earth spirit or terrorblade better in skill than a person who climbs from 4k mmr to 6k mmr from picking a variety of heroes and effectively playing about every hero a couple of times during the climb? I would assume the latter. That's because the person who's picking multiple heroes is showing their dota 2 ability, whereas the person picking the same hero is showing that they can do the exact same thing almost every game. It's almost abuse (like how people who pick zeus during calibration were abusing the system. It wasn't reportable offense, but it was still abuse right?).
    * In low mmr (<3k) wards aren't too big of an issue, but in the mmr range where people can effectively use wards for information (>3k), not buying wards can lose games. There are certain times where not buying wards would be acceptable (witchdoctor who needs to rush aghs or es who needs blink, but normally in those games theres another support who can buy the wards while the other one creates their items). Another time not getting wards down is if you're fighting constantly and were not able to plant wards or it isn't safe to go to the place that needs to be warded.
    Quote Originally Posted by gjvolvo
    Your hidden pool is when you get above 51.5% wins in ranked. Get a pen and paper and write down your win percentage and the average win percentage of your teammates in every game and you will see a distinct cliff around 51.5.

My mmr:
    Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by Agravaine View Post
    This +100000

I read the stickies about as much as volvo devs read the forums, which is never.
    This is absolutely false.
    I've read a post once with 3 different suggestions for the next update, and all three were at the bottom of the patch notes for the three spirits update afaik.