Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do against toxic players ?

Angry What to do against toxic players ?

Hey folks,

I always keep calm and simply report toxic players but this time was too much.

A player, in a ranked match, has been insulting mates, flaming, and finally fed intentionnaly till the end of the game. He didn't care about going on low priority queue. Of course, it has to be a Legion Commander (dueling anybody to increase their damage output, leaving us no chance).

Ranked games are hard enough because I often play with players that just don't play seriously or play badly (no their fault, but matchmaking system's), but if we add this kind of behavior this is just too much.

Another 40min of my time wasted, losing rank so I'll be matched with even more unskilled players, and so on and so forth. That's simply killing the fun out of the game..

"F*** this i'm going on a feeding spree 'till I get low priority" - "muted team f**** you faggots" - "enjoy your loss fuckwads" - "good luck for those who whill be matched with me next game"

What about giving their dota 2 items to other players to compensate the loss ? Banning them from ranked games forever ? Resetting their MMR to 0 ?

Is their any existing solution to this ?

Game Infos:
    ~3100 MMR (generally around 3200 but keep winning/losing games)
    Match ID: 1174947264
    Toxic Player: ALL_THIS_VODKA (Steam Profile URL: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198005206064/)

2015-01-19_00001.jpg 2015-01-19_00002.jpg 2015-01-19_00003.jpg
    Last edited by Valdarim; 01-19-2015 at 02:57 PM.

The answer to your question lies in the question itself. You aren't against toxic players, everyone, even enemies are on the same side, which is that of enjoying yourself playing dota. If you remain friendly in sight of incessant toxicity, the player should usually come around eventually, and even if not, its worth trying, since at least you can try to keep the rest of the team from antagonizing the toxic player, and continue to play and try to win the match.
    Spoiler: 
    I guard the rear.

i like to see dotabuff of this game, where legion have 7 kilz for example

1-17 kek
    drow with mom 2,500 dmg in almost hour gaem
    Last edited by Sneaky Devil; 01-19-2015 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assguard View Post
    The answer to your question lies in the question itself. You aren't against toxic players, everyone, even enemies are on the same side, which is that of enjoying yourself playing dota. If you remain friendly in sight of incessant toxicity, the player should usually come around eventually, and even if not, its worth trying, since at least you can try to keep the rest of the team from antagonizing the toxic player, and continue to play and try to win the match.
    I've tryied. Asking for mates to calm down, not to flame and just focus on the game: no success.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Devil View Post
    i like to see dotabuff of this game, where legion have 7 kilz for example

1-17 kek
    drow with mom 2,500 dmg in almost hour gaem
    I don't even care no more about "bad" players. I like to think it's not their fault. But being rude and waste players time is.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdarim View Post
    I've tryied. Asking for mates to calm down, not to flame and just focus on the game: no success.
    u must be very good at heroes to win with team of 5 lowhp carry

I don't know that permanent bans are justified for feeding in one game but low priority does actually stack up over time, so if they're continuously doing stuff that gets them reported, it's likely they'll be away from regular priority for longer periods of time. Which is very much like being banned, only you get to play with other banned people.
    Spoiler: 
    I guard the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Devil View Post
    u must be very good at heroes to win with team of 5 lowhp carry
    I don't consider Puck and Zeus to be carries and I was the first to pick (Quas/Wex Invoker as a Disabler). But, again, this is another topic. Players not picking seriously in ranked games is frustrating a lot, but is another topic. Plus, it sometimes happens you're against even worse players, thus feeding 5 carries (yeah it happens..).

Quote Originally Posted by Assguard View Post
    I don't know that permanent bans are justified for feeding in one game but low priority does actually stack up over time, so if they're continuously doing stuff that gets them reported, it's likely they'll be away from regular priority for longer periods of time. Which is very much like being banned, only you get to play with other banned people.
    You just answer like this was normal and forgivable. It is not. This behavior was clearly intentional. No matter what, I fight to the end, even in desperate games. I never AFK or abandon games. I don't ask everybody to act the same, but the least is to respect.

EDIT: Being in low priority is the punishment. But for the 9 other players that wasted so much time, it is not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Valdarim View Post
    You just answer like this was normal and forgivable. It is not. This behavior was clearly intentional. No matter what, I fight to the end, even in desperate games. I never AFK or abandon games. I don't ask everybody to act the same, but the least is to respect.
    I'm going to ask you to step back a second and really think about it. It's only a single game that you're playing. And you should really not try to exert yourself to such a degree, just let it go once you can tell the match is lost, you can relax and, i dunno, go around the jungle to hide somewhere.
    You can actually just go hide somewhere and use the steam browser, and kill 1 creep every 5 minutes to avoid getting an abandon. Mute all chat.
    Spoiler: 
    I guard the rear.