Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mjollnir stacking?

Basic Member
    Mjolnir also stacks with lifesteal, when Chain Lightning procs, lifesteal doesn't.. that's technically stacking right? :S

Quote Originally Posted by XxpeddyxX View Post
    Mjolnir also stacks with lifesteal, when Chain Lightning procs, lifesteal doesn't.. that's technically stacking right? :S
    well, the way that you said it
    "when chain lightning procs, lifesteal doesn't" is how it should be, that's not stacking
    stacking would be both effects occurring on the same hit, i.e lifestealing on a hit that also cast chain lightning

Mjollnir in WC3 DotA was an orb on every hit. Mjollnir in Dota 2 is an orb only on proc. It is the same for all orbs that only proc occasionally (geminate attack, for example).

Known and almost certainly intended.

Basic Member
    ^ that's what I mean, an orb means it's an orb on every hit and only ONE orb should work at a time.. Mjollnir seems to work when it procs and overrides lifesteal on proc. That's both of them working at the same time, not the case in warcraft 3.
    Open up warcraft 3, launch DotA, get a lifesteal and Mjollnir and you will see what I mean.

- If Mjollnir is in the first item slot, you will not life steal, vice versa if life steal is in first slot. (Slot priority)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XxpeddyxX View Post
    ^ that's what I mean, an orb means it's an orb on every hit and only ONE orb should work at a time.. Mjollnir seems to work when it procs and overrides lifesteal on proc. That's both of them working at the same time, not the case in warcraft 3.
    Open up warcraft 3, launch DotA, get a lifesteal and Mjollnir and you will see what I mean.

- If Mjollnir is in the first item slot, you will not life steal, vice versa if life steal is in first slot. (Slot priority)
    Actually, no:
    http://www.playdota.com/mechanics/Orb_Effects
    You always lifesteal, never firing lightning.

And this is old news, we've confirmed Orb effect working differently in DotA2, and frankly I like the new table, I don't have to open up a giant table linked above everytime I want to confirm whether some combination work.

It's just
    Proc orb > Hero Orb > First obtained orb, done.

Although whether multiple Mael/Mjol should result in higher chance of firing is arguable.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoflCat View Post
    Although whether multiple Mael/Mjol should result in higher chance of firing is arguable.
    20% out of 0 is 20% -> 20+0 = 20.
    20% out of 80 is 16% -> 20+16 = 36.
    20% out of 64 is 12,8% -> 36+12,8 = 48,8
    20% out of 52,2 is 10,44% -> 48,8 + 10,44 = 59,24
    20% out of 41,76 is 8,352% -> 59,24 + 8,352 = 67,592
    20% out of 32,408 is 6,4816% -> 67,592 + 6,4816 = 73,0736

so having 6 mjollnirs with increase your % to ~73% - 3 out of 4 hits will occour.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Even View Post
    20% out of 0 is 20% -> 20+0 = 20.
    20% out of 80 is 16% -> 20+16 = 36.
    20% out of 64 is 12,8% -> 36+12,8 = 48,8
    20% out of 52,2 is 10,44% -> 48,8 + 10,44 = 59,24
    20% out of 41,76 is 8,352% -> 59,24 + 8,352 = 67,592
    20% out of 32,408 is 6,4816% -> 67,592 + 6,4816 = 73,0736

so having 6 mjollnirs with increase your % to ~73% - 3 out of 4 hits will occour.
    Yes, I know it's increase the chance by a lot (btw, putting 1-(.8)^6 in google is easier to do than doing each loop manually), the question is whether IceFrog intend to let this go, or will he make Mjol/Mael ability similar to Basher that it only count one of the item regardless of how many copies you have.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    ye i know, just wanted to do some mental math (or whatever you call it in english :P)
    Anyways i don't think there a need to change it. Have u ever in your life seen 2 mjollnirs? (i have seen a lot of things by myself - even a SHIVA recipe as a 1st item!) but no 2 mjollnirs, i just once saw KuroKy make 2 burizas on clinkz.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloroth View Post
    Mjollnir in WC3 DotA was an orb on every hit. Mjollnir in Dota 2 is an orb only on proc. It is the same for all orbs that only proc occasionally (geminate attack, for example).

Known and almost certainly intended.
    if i remem correctly, on weaver people used to make skadi and on gemini attacks skadi didnt work...if that is being implemented its fine.. The problem will be if orbs like desolator and diffusal stack and stuff like that...though for ranged skadi and lifesteal stacks...

so what happens if you have mjol and maelstrom proc on the same hit, which do you get?