Thread: Game freezes when trying to watch replay from heroic cosmetics

Basic Member

Game freezes when trying to watch replay from heroic cosmetics

when right-clicking on a "heroic" cosmetic and selecting "watch the replay", the replay window will open and attempt to download the replay. the download progress bar usually freezes before it finishes, however on some it doesnt even start downloading and i get an "error in downloading replay" (for example: ok.- dota grand finals). the replay window cannot be closed and the game stops working completely (whenever you click on anything, the buttons/tabs react visually as usual, but nothing happens). the only button working then is the "close game"-button in the top right. if the download error occurs, not even the close-button works, leaving me having to stop the program via windows task manager. i assume the error window overrides the "do you wish to quit dota?" window.
    tried with multiple cosmetics from multiple tournaments, none works.

another small error regarding one cosmetic from the ok.- dota grand finals (g-guard vs csw, december 2014): the item tag says "unknown player of unknown team scored a courier kill against unknown team", although team and player names show up correctly in the replay window.

all heroics dropped from november 2014 or newer also miss the match id in their tags, while those dropped in august 2014 or earlier have no errors. i assume this bug is the result of a patch released during the time from august to november 2014.

Basic Member
    issue still exists, replays from heroic drops are broken