Thread: -enable_addons and what needs to be supported

Basic Member

-enable_addons and what needs to be supported

List of requests for things to be added to the -enable_addons whitelist, with example of their uses:

Post below for things you used override_vpk for, which are no longer working, which you think should be whitelisted.

updated Feb 5
    • sourcescheme.res - text tall (size)
    • items.txt - custom quick buy order, recipe hotkeys
    • portraits.txt - custom hero portraits
    • game_sounds_manifest.txt - custom sounds
    • dashboard_loading_embers.vtf - custom background dashboard animation
    • game_sounds_music_util.txt, replacing music files - custom soundtrack support
    • clientscheme.res(?) - font configuration for text display issues
    • clientscheme.res - no shadows under player names ("outline" "0" / "dropshadow" "0" for some font styles)

---
    As of the latest update, override_vpk is no longer a thing. This means that a great many tweaks people have made to Dota to increase their enjoyment are not working. Why this was necessary is a mystery, but since the update post states that there is a whitelist that they will be 'populating', let's get a list of all the things that were previously supported that people want to be able to tweak, which are currently not working.

I have tested and seen that things like item icons are still working, and I assume that ability icons are also working.

My biggest complaint and first request I'd like to make is that UI text styles are made editable again, just like all the other Source games. The file in question is clientscheme.res. For example, here's what the game looks like when the shadows are minimised by editing this file:

7v7FOad.png

After this update, the shadows are back. I won't be playing the game until they're modable again, they're just too obtrusive.

At this point I'd really like to suggest that as an alternative, some options in the menu to adjust things like player name size and the shadows on them, etc. Just do that and then we don't have to modify the game files.

---

Post below for things you used override_vpk for, which are no longer working, which you think should be whitelisted.
    Last edited by cinephile; 02-05-2015 at 08:23 AM.
    "It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."
    Io, the Guardian Wisp

Basic Member
    sourcescheme.res with text tall (size); items.txt with custom item quick buy order; portraits.txt with custom portraits - are also not working!

Basic Member
    suck it up and enjoy the game rofl.

Basic Member
    shops.txt for custom recipe hotkey
    game_sounds_manifest.txt for custom sounds
    dashboard_loading_embers.vtf for custom background wallpaper
    \flash3 for custom panel mod
    Sorry~ English is not my native language as you know, BUT you can still easily understand what I mean correctly because English is your native language.
    So If someone have no word to refute what I said, he may just attack my grammar or vocabulary.... to shift the focus....

Basic Member
    game_sounds_music_util.txt
    And the replacement of music files.
    I had pretty much the whole soundtrack replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    The average mmr in the 3.4k is lower than the average mmr in the 3.5k .
    Quote Originally Posted by Legdotus View Post
    in the middle of my game, I go to the menu, and watch a friend's game. That makes no sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by twl04046 View Post
    Sometimes the zeus ulti suddenly activated and it really scared me...

Basic Member
    Font configuration.

-override_vpk used to fix text display issues (rectangles).

So as it's prohibited in matchmaking, it causes players who have been relying on this method to have a functioning UI helpless.
    Last edited by NokiaSE; 02-05-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alertme View Post
    shops.txt for custom recipe hotkey
    game_sounds_manifest.txt for custom sounds
    dashboard_loading_embers.vtf for custom background wallpaper
    \flash3 for custom panel mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidades View Post
    game_sounds_music_util.txt
    And the replacement of music files.
    I had pretty much the whole soundtrack replaced.
    Can you check to see if the sound file changes are now working after the update yesterday?
    "It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead."
    Io, the Guardian Wisp

Basic Member
    Bumping because there's still an issue with some UI display things that I'd love to fix using clientscheme.res, if it can be supported again.

On the minimap, hero icons are getting a white drop shadow that makes them hard to make out. I think this is only something visible at non 16:9 resolutions, due to scaling the icons (I don't see it on stream when people are at 16:9). However, previously I never had this white drop shadow because I think my clientscheme.res disabled it, because turning off drop shadows/outline seems to remove the black shadow/outline around UI elements like HP bars, player names, and the tip text on the loading screen. Obviously this is not 'gaining a competitive advantage', it's just making the UI elements display clearer on my smaller screen.

Can this get added to the whitelist?
    Last edited by cinephile; 02-14-2015 at 02:12 AM.
    Io, the Guardian Wisp

I want to replace localization data (e.g resource/localization/*.txt).
    Can Valve add this to whitelist?