Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Moving items to stash?

Quote Originally Posted by karadoc View Post
    I agree with chojje. The right-click solution would be more intuitive, and more useful.

It's counter-intuitive that picking up an item with a full inventory returns the item to the stash. Useful; but not intuitive.

Suppose I have a full inventory, and I want to swap one of the items that I'm holding for an item that I have in my stash. Apparently, to do this I have to drop an item on the ground, then take the item from the stash, then pick the item from the ground. But if there was a "put item in stash" option, or something like that, I would only need to put the item directly into the stash, and then take the new one out. It's fewer steps, and the steps make more sense (compared to dropping stuff on the ground and then trying to pick the stuff up again when you know you can't carry any more.)
    You can currently place the item of your inventory in an empty stash slot (which is possible if you have an item in the stash), then pick the other item from the stash. You may even be able to swap them but I didn't tested this case.

How to move items from my own inventory to the stash exactly I'm kinda confuse.
    Because whenever I open the shop I don't see any stash slots so I have to find a key for it to be moved? any idea how?

Basic Member

Smile wholeheartly agree to this thread!

+1
    it's confusing and need to be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by akaHideinlight View Post
    Having to activate the courier in the first place is a stupid. It's something that can be done away with the new engine.
    Having to activate the courier could easily be done away with in DOTA 1. Meaning, it isn't an engine issue, but a decision.

I agree with chojje. The right-click solution would be more intuitive, and more useful.

It's counter-intuitive that picking up an item with a full inventory returns the item to the stash. Useful; but not intuitive.

Suppose I have a full inventory, and I want to swap one of the items that I'm holding for an item that I have in my stash. Apparently, to do this I have to drop an item on the ground, then take the item from the stash, then pick the item from the ground. But if there was a "put item in stash" option, or something like that, I would only need to put the item directly into the stash, and then take the new one out. It's fewer steps, and the steps make more sense (compared to dropping stuff on the ground and then trying to pick the stuff up again when you know you can't carry any more.)
    You can drag and drop too and from your stash. Also if you drag one item on top of another item in your stash their positions will switch (from your inventory to the stash and vice-versa).

Basic Member
    +1

Basic Member
    this

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaHideinlight View Post
    Having to activate the courier in the first place is a stupid. It's something that can be done away with the new engine.
    I think the feature to have to activate the courier was put into place in case the courier is accidentally bought. You can simply sell it back for a full refund.

Basic Member

This should be looked at, some comands for fast selling and fast swaping to stash and from, should be implemented. Why not look at eg HoN they copied a lot of solutions from you so why not take something that they have better from them. You can bind sell and switch to stash keys, defaults are ctrl for switch items to stash and from and ctrl+shift to quick sell, note that in hon you can sell item from anywhere on map