Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Requesting Pathfinding Examples

Quote Originally Posted by Boelens View Post
    I'm not sure what the reproduction conditions are but I've fairly often had an issue with the dire ancient. I would have my hero move towards the fountain, and it takes a right turn around the ancient, stops halfway and then goes back around and goes the left way, hugging the ancient all the time.
    I have the exact same thing happen alot, there seems to be a small problem with the gap right between the effigy on the top right of the ancient and the ancient, and the weirdest part is that your character goes all the way around the ancient rather then just walking around the effigy at least.

Most of my pathfinding-related deaths have happened in areas with varying heights. For instance, I would be trying to run away from enemies by going up the radiant ramp next to the top rune and my character would end up doing a 180 and walking back down towards the enemies I was trying to run away from.

I would really like an option to force pathing. Because sometimes, typically on edges, if you even slightly come close to the edge it assumes you want to be on the other side. It would be nice to have an option or hotkey to hold when you want the unit to move to that position no matter what. So if it's an edge, you run to the edge and continue to run into that edge until you manually path your way to where you need to be. I think holding CTRL or ALT while hitting a movement key would fix this. It would make juking much better along with general navigation at the most critical moments.

Basic Member

I made a video of an annoying pathing problem I found during a pub game.

Basic Member
    Not sure if that's a bug at all, but I see this every time I'm trying to choke-point jungle, looks strange

http://a.pomf.se/nbgqgn.webm

Works with any camp with multiple melee units

Basic Member
    No picture, but if you are a mid going to take bot rune, the pathing does not take you through the river back to the midlane, but through the dire pathway that leads to dire t1. Very frusturating when you accidentally take a few tower hits because of it.

Basic Member
    I may not have a video or insightful comment, but as a CS major who is starting learn more about algorithms, how do you all get shortest paths in such a short time? Dijkstras, DFS, I'm excited to learn hahaha

Do Broodmother web pathing issues apply to this?

If yes, it seems like trees surrounding a web are considered collisionless up to the point where BM leaves her web. (And thus gets stuck.)

I am sorry if this has already been posted but here are my 2cents. Creep movement neutral and lane is horrible can we just have creeps not shove eachother and stuff but move like a unit the war3 creep movement is so bad and old.

Basic Member
    Often when I'm moving from the top rune to bottom rune, my hero gets stuck at the steps by the top rune. Video below. First half is player perspective, second half is the hero getting stuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P-H...ature=youtu.be