Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Requesting Pathfinding Examples

Basic Member
    https://gfycat.com/ImperfectSimpleBlacklemur#
    Here the distance calculation is terrible

Basic Member
    Honestly pathfinding will always present problems and be less than ideal if it's strictly in the hands of a program. Best example of this is how bodies mix with terrain to confuse pathfinding since it's constantly being thrown a different situation every few milliseconds.

A big help overall would be a "manual" move option that sends a unit in a straight line towards the location you select, then stops that unit if it comes into contact with anything on the way. It's not perfect but it does give players more control and stops units wildly turning around in bizarre directions, which wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for the necessity of turnrates in Dota.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    The average mmr in the 3.4k is lower than the average mmr in the 3.5k .
    Quote Originally Posted by Legdotus View Post
    in the middle of my game, I go to the menu, and watch a friend's game. That makes no sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by twl04046 View Post
    Sometimes the zeus ulti suddenly activated and it really scared me...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Naskr View Post
    Honestly pathfinding will always present problems and be less than ideal if it's strictly in the hands of a program...
    When I started playing dota 2 the pathing was working perfect, I've never had a problem with it. The problem began I think when they fixed this "bug" http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=106229

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BadKernel View Post
    When I started playing dota 2 the pathing was working perfect, I've never had a problem with it. The problem began I think when they fixed this "bug" http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=106229
    Pathing bugs have existed since the start of the game, way before 2013, they may have increased since then though.

Basic Member
    Pathing directly around towers is not smooth. In dota 1 if you run around a tower it is smooth but dota 2 is very jittery and makes you stop

Basic Member
    In situations where a path is available by unconventional means, like Broodmother's Webs or Spectre's Dagger, the default pathing doesn't attempt using it to make the shortest possible route.

Basic Member
    In some of the videos, the only problem is right clicking to the minimap mistakenly. If there is an option to disable right-clicking to mini-map, most of the problems will be solved.

Banned
    This also isn't a bug, but I think it's illogical and should be removed. Ebster made a thread about it like a year ago and it was decided that it's intended.

If you're blocked by units, you can get out by using Meld/Shadow Amulet, go near the unit, use Meld/SA, click right near the unit and you'll be pushed out.

^It should push you to the closest pathable area.. which should have been still inside the area trapped by the wards in your example.
    Please, just call me buny.