Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: More Pathing Feedback

Basic Member
    dota2://matchid=1330813705&matchtime=978

Basic Member
    Match ID: 1338248570
    7:05-7:10 Replay time

Shadowfiend right-clicks on centaur creep in the jungle, and doesn't walk directly towards the centaur. Surely shadowfiend should take the shortest route and be centered on the creep once an attack command is issued.

Basic Member
    So, pretty big pathing/bug issue here..

Match ID: 1407802959
    Time: -0:01:00 to -0:00:26 (very start of game)

Spectre clicked on bot late and instead went down midlane to the opposing side of the map.

Here's a video to show off the issue:

^No way that that was not a misclick by the player. Yes, the pathing does do weird thing sometimes, but it never, absolutely never does ridiculous moves like that.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Too bad takeover doesn't work because it happened before creep spawn. I wonder what the path would have been. I would have said Spectre was walking to position 0,0 but I believe it's in front of Dire's t1 tower and not past it.
    James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
    * 25.02.16 - 26.02.16
    Spoiler: 

It's not a pathing issue. The player clicked on the minimap.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...f_hand/cqhfvgs

The replay doesn't show the click, but the console reveals Spectre got a move order to the top right corner of the map at enemy fountain, so it can be only a missclick on the minimap. I highly doubt that pathing issues change the location a unit tries to move to.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    game 1415179362,
    at around 5:28 I(disruptor) run away from riki until suddenly my hero turns around and walks north. From the console output it seems like I clicked on the minimap and my hero gets 2 move commands to the forest behind dire top t2. What really irritates me is that when I noticed that my hero was walking into the wrong directly I spam clicked several move commands towards my t1. My hero didn't stopped turning and even started moving north despite my clicks that are clearly visible in the replay.

While I would really like to directly compare my visible clicks in the replay with the console output I find my self unable to do so due to the bug reported in 2013 that copy paste does not work. https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Dota-2/issues/821

Basic Member
    dota2://matchid=1439233715&matchtime=428

Phantom assassin running away, turns around and tries to cast stifling dagger. Enemy omni fogges her near instantly after she made the command and the hero chases the omni trying to cast the dagger, ignoring multiple movement commands. Fogging spells generally makes the hero stop but this was something different.

Pathing is still shit and all the time i click one way and go the opposite can you fix your "fix"? 10/10 worse pathing ever

Match ID: 1557389135
    time: 12 min
    Player: me (Lina)
    Top rune spawns Bounty rune, im trying to right click it. Instead Lina heads to mid. I cancel that and order to move closer. Then click on rune. Lina starts moving back to mid again. Then i returned back and got killed.
    Not sure if its pathfinding bug since rune was right next to hero and no calculations were required. But no idea where else i can say that.