Thread: Game sometimes eating inputs for Techies skills (update 2)

Basic Member

Game sometimes eating inputs for Techies skills (update 2)

I don't know if this was fixed in update 3, but I was playing Techies in update 2, and more and more frequently (especially towards the end of the game), I'd press my key to put down a mine, and then click, and Techies would waddle over there and then not do anything, and I had to cast it again. Happened on Q and W mines most notably, I only used Suicide like twice all game (neither failed), and I don't think it happened on R or triggering R mines. I didn't have any high latency or packet loss, it just sometimes wouldn't work the first time.

I looked at this and it does indeed happen in Update 3. Seems pretty important.

I think it's a problem with the new pathfinding - it seems Techies stops moving at a certain spot that is just outside the cast range?

The Q spell has 100 range. So does Suicide Squad. When Q fails, Suicide Squad will also fail if cast on the same spot (and you haven't moved).

I wonder if this affects any other short range abilities, or even melee auto-attacks? How about long range spells? I can't seem to get it to happen on other spells.

Edit: I was able to reproduce this with Death Prophet crypt swarm at max range and Alchemist acid spray at max range. I think it potentially affects any ground-targeted spell.

Death Prophet:

Alchemist:

(The first 2 casts of the spell in this video are just to find the right range.)
    Last edited by Fizz; 02-12-2015 at 08:45 AM.

Basic Member
    I can confirm the techies problem

Yes, there definetly is a problem. Just had a game with a techies and he was complaining why no mines get placed sometimes.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Found 1 more.
    Sometimes zeus won't cast the lightning bolt on the ground.
    Same behavior. Only happened twice tough,and is very rare.

Basic Member
    This has been fixed, it seems. I booted up a lobby with Techies and -wtf on, and none of my mine spam failed to be placed.