Thread: [Possible bug] Creeps have global vision?

Question [Bug] Neutral creeps have global vision

Hello!

I don't exactly know if I should post here, sorry if I'm not in the right section :-(

So, recently (a few months already) I've seen neutral creeps (jungle+ancients) attack my allies when they shouldn't have vision of them. Here's an example:

http://i.imgur.com/sQDPR2Y.jpg
    I attack the ancients with Invoker while Bristleback is on "hold position" on a cliff, yet he gets attacked by the ancients.

Basically, the question is, why do creeps (not only ancients but also jungle creeps) can see and attack your allies when said allies are chilling on a cliff?

This is particularly bothering me when I'm trying to stack and an ally is standing on the cliff, and the creeps just attack him instead of following me, thus ruining the stacking.

Thanks for your answers
    Last edited by VieuxSinge; 03-02-2015 at 08:42 AM.

Well, is this a bug or is this intended?

Basic Member
    i notice that too.

Basic Member
    Well, it's the same situation when you unintentionally aggro the enemy creep wave and they follow you even if you don't see them. I think this should be changed honestly, it's stupid when you are trying to hide from a hero but creeps follow you inside the trees.

Basic Member
    Valve failed at creating neutrals their own vision. They just gave them vision of both teams. Blame Gaben.

Quote Originally Posted by ZzZombo View Post
    Valve failed at creating neutrals their own vision. They just gave them vision of both teams. Blame Gaben.
    I'm not sure it's that simple.

For exemple, when a SK is jungling using sandstorm, if the ennemy have put a sentry ward, neutrals will see SK and attack him even though he's supposed to be invisible. However if SK puts a sentry himself, neutrals won't be able to see SK so this means they don't share his vision (or that sentry only reveal invis units of the opposing team)
    Last edited by VieuxSinge; 03-02-2015 at 08:43 AM.

Basic Member
    They tried to fix it. The results are even more wonky now.