Thread: Horrible balance in AD

Basic Member

Horrible balance in AD

First about me. I have nearly 4K games and of these arround 1K are in AD so I really enjoy AD and hope it will get better.
    My solo ranked MMR is 35XX something.

The problem. Being paired with complete newbs and vice versa isint fun... I often check profiles of my teamates and finding that he has like 4 commends really demotivates me(suming from all 4 categories) (game count doesnt show) or 200 games(all time low was 50 something) and this happens way too often.
    Not so long ago I played game we lost I talked to one guy he seemed decent(he played as support I as carry) and we decided to play in party to avoid as much trash as possible and have at least 1 decent teamate, and holy shit his MMR is 59XX something, while mine is 35XX something, not even mentioning the feeling that in our team was someone with like 2K MMR too(picked non working ult, feeded and so on)...

So where is the justice seriously, this is just wrong, I only wish AD had proper balance and players wouldnt be mashed from 2K to 6K in one pot just to see what kind of horrible thing will come out of this.

game I was talking about http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1261908661 me wolas and 6K guy abc123

Basic Member
    It's because AD is considered fun only by valve. And there's high chance that there aren't too much AD players per region to matchmake them by ratings.

The only thing that should be done is fixing the mode itself, not fight matchmaking system about it.

I also feel demotivated when i play vs arranged team and my allies pick some crap combo's breaking every possible combo I could take or letting enemy take all AOE's and stuns.

Basic Member
    don't agree I can get a AD game going far quicker than ranked and non ranked AP/AR/CM/CD

Basic Member
    You can get it far quicker because matchmaking doesn wait to match you by rating, probably. That being quick doesn't prove that there's as many players for AD as for other modes.

Basic Member
    It's interesting how did you pick Timbersaw in a mode with random heroes AND Timbersaw disabled...

Basic Member
    I think he's not talking about ability draft but the matchmaking in general. Note that dotabuff shows the skill builds and you can see if it really was AD match or not