Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Melee heroes can attack far targets that get slowed

Shalafi, if you find new evidence (or if anyone finds new evidence), post here http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=31076
    Always read and follow the forum rules. If you need help from a moderator, use the report button ()
    Before posting new bugs:
    -Check the Known Bugs List and search the forum for an existing report.
    -Make sure its a bug (test in WC3 Dota, visit playdota guides and adv. mech, etc). If you're still not sure, post in Mechanics and Gameplay Bug Brainstorming instead.
    -Read the Bug Posting Guidelines on how to report a bug properly.

Basic Member
    This is happening pretty much every game... Needs to be fixed asap. I don't know why competitive players aren't complaining about it yet

[Confirmed] Spirit Bear attack range is too long

So I just finished a (disastrous) game, but what interested me was the range that Spirit Bear was able to attack me.

If you'll notice, in the below shot he is winding up to attack. At no point was I in melee range, so I don't know why he's starting his attack.
    first.jpg

And he hits me, of course proc-ing an entangle.
    second.jpg

I don't think it's a situation where I ran out of attack range but the bear finished his attack. At no point was I in melee range. In the first shot I'm barely in Weaver's range. Any idea what is going on here? Match ID is 25699714 (I warn you, the game is ugly).

Basic Member
    It's not his attack range, but there does some to be a respectable glitch that I've notice. In your situation, it doesn't seem fair, but often when I play and spirit bear is in the middle of an attack, he'll complete it regardless of how far the enemy hero got, which can make it seem like he's hitting from very far away since move speed can be so fast and his attack speed can be so slow (without IAS items or Rabid).

Again, in your case, however, it seems he attacked you from WAY far away. So I feel for you.

Quote Originally Posted by brownmagic View Post
    It's not his attack range, but there does some to be a respectable glitch that I've notice. In your situation, it doesn't seem fair, but often when I play and spirit bear is in the middle of an attack, he'll complete it regardless of how far the enemy hero got, which can make it seem like he's hitting from very far away since move speed can be so fast and his attack speed can be so slow (without IAS items or Rabid).

Again, in your case, however, it seems he attacked you from WAY far away. So I feel for you.
    Meh, don't feel bad for me, that's life in a beta. I'd just like to improve the game so it doesn't happen. Like you said, he started his attack from too far away. I thought at first it might be some sort of lag or server desync, but I took those screenshots from the replay, which is generated by the server itself.

Is this related to the Bloodseeker attack range bug that was reported but never officially acknowledged by Valve? I can't seem to find the thread, but in it there was a video of bloodseeker chasing and attacking a spinning Juggernaut without taking any spin damage.

Basic Member
    Confirmed. adding to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Basic Member
    This is probably linked to another thread where melee sometimes hits at an incredible range when striking around corners. There was a antimage video attached to that post.

Basic Member
    would you be so kind to link the thread.
    i think it's not on the buglist yet.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    would you be so kind to link the thread.
    i think it's not on the buglist yet.
    I found the thread: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=15767

Here's one with a lot more videos, some of which are just as blatant (or worse) than my situation: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=31076

Basic Member
    is this still existant?