Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] Melee heroes can attack far targets that get slowed

[Fixed] Melee heroes can attack far targets that get slowed

Reproduction steps:
    1) Pick a melee hero
    2) Get an slowing item (diffusal, hex) or ally with slow skill. If the melee hero casts one of his skills it won't work because of the cast time, I presume; but hex/diffusal worked for me.
    3) Create a enemy hero.
    4) Chase him with a-click or right click.
    5) If he's in 450 range (I haven't found the exact range, but that seems about right) and he gets slowed, the melee hero will instantly begin to perform a regular attack despite being far out of range.

Result:
    Melee heroes (units most likely, haven't tried with units other than heroes) can hit far targets if those get slowed while they're chasing them.

Expected results:
    As far as I know, that shouldn't work like that.

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SPvX_lL-iQ

Notice how the BS hits Jugger from very far (more than 300 for sure, looks like 400, when BS range is 128) the moment Jugger gets affected by Viper's ult.
    Last edited by shalafi; 01-10-2012 at 05:45 AM.

Basic Member
    well i dont know about this situation but i find really strange that when u chase somebody with melee hero and the enemy hero is about to die u can last him almost like 400 range away (same range as huskars if its 400... but when u look at it, it seems like that.)

maybe its caused with slow animation which means that u hit faster then the animation shows and thats why its strange sometimes.

Basic Member
    Hex will reduce unit size, and it will looks like its 50-100 units +range and melee range its 128(not sure) so it will looks like +-250 range any other issue is due to desync at spiking/lagging.

I just made sure it isn't a very strange visual glitch or something.

I set a jugger spinning (250 range) and managed to hurt him with a bloodseeker while he was spinning by slowing him with Viper. BS didn't get hurt by bladefury.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/shal128...35048472181367
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/shal128...35048472193787

Here, I made a video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SPvX_lL-iQ

Turns out jugger can be hit by a melee without hitting back with BladeFury if he's being chased (you can notice BS preparing to strike again, even though Viper had already used the slow). But still, you can see how in the same instant of Viper applying the slow, BS strikes, despite being at like 400 range.

Good video bro.

Basic Member
    Very good video.

Basic Member
    I don't think it is a bug, blood seeker would have hit him without slow? He already was gonna attack him before the viper's slow.

Quote Originally Posted by rist0sr View Post
    I don't think it is a bug, blood seeker would have hit him without slow? He already was gonna attack him before the viper's slow.
    Back then, viper ult slowed as soon as it was casted, it didn't wait for the projectile to hit.

I just played around this again and couldn't reproduce it as clearly as I did back then (now I know about dota_range_display, which is pretty helpful for this test). So just discard this report until someone gathers better proof.

Basic Member
    Needs to be fixed.