Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official Statements from Dota Dev on Hidden Pool

Basic Member

Official Statements from Dota Dev on Hidden Pool

According to Fletcher, "Players who repeatedly engage in activities significantly harmful to the community are put into a separate matchmaking pool for two months." He mentioned that intentional feeding, dodging and running multiple instances of the game affect this. I was wondering what other activities send you to the Hidden pool. Is there a way to find out if you're in hidden pool? I think being all hush hush about the specifics of this only hurts the community and the company. Please be explicit with the rules and the consequences.

Basic Member
    Those are all we know. You can usually see that you are in the hidden pool if it takes extremely long to find a match, something like 30 mins+.
    Possible solution to foreigners issue
    In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war.

Hidden Pool will be active when you are reported intentional feeding? or what?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cret_ View Post
    Hidden Pool will be active when you are reported intentional feeding? or what?
    I guess if you are reported for a lot of intentional feeding. But it's pretty vague. We were only given a short explanation. We do know that using more tha one instane of Dota will result in a shadowban.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Redthirst View Post
    I guess if you are reported for a lot of intentional feeding. But it's pretty vague. We were only given a short explanation. We do know that using more tha one instane of Dota will result in a shadowban.
    Well a problem with that is. You can get reported for feeding even tho you didn't feed. That also goes for anything else that is reportable. Which would point out a major flaw in the valve system.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getoffme View Post
    Well a problem with that is. You can get reported for feeding even tho you didn't feed. That also goes for anything else that is reportable. Which would point out a major flaw in the valve system.
    Depends on how you calibrate it. If it's something like "Get reported for intentional feeding 100 times in 150 matches", then it's pretty hard to be falsely punished.

Banned
    This is what is great about Volvo is their commitment on treating everyone the same. If you're a piece of shit feeder, who spouts child abuse like rhetoric and depraved sexual abuse like comments, or you're just telling people things they don't like to hear, you get treated the same. That's what's great about NOT offering customer service. It's so much cheaper to treat everyone like complete asshats. Think of all the money hats Volvo is saving by not offering any kind of real customer service mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthirst View Post
    Depends on how you calibrate it. If it's something like "Get reported for intentional feeding 100 times in 150 matches", then it's pretty hard to be falsely punished.
    getting a lot of reports are so Poetic.

on the other hand this hidden pool will make commendations to nothing but a number?

Quote Originally Posted by Garthilk View Post
    This is what is great about Volvo is their commitment on treating everyone the same. If you're a piece of shit feeder, who spouts child abuse like rhetoric and depraved sexual abuse like comments, or you're just telling people things they don't like to hear, you get treated the same. That's what's great about NOT offering customer service. It's so much cheaper to treat everyone like complete asshats. Think of all the money hats Volvo is saving by not offering any kind of real customer service mechanism.
    they served it well and fair about their rules and abusers.
    but this hidden pool need a time indicator atleast.
    and change of colors like in low prio games

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthilk View Post
    Because how valve treats everyone the same, and their lack of a proper system in match making and report system. Plus their total lack of support system. Makes me glad Riot makes in less that a week, what Dota 2 makes valve in a month. So basically Riot with league of legends is kicking the utter crap out of valve with dota 2.

Basic Member
    Hi,

I don't know how to file a bug report for Techies. I've been using techies for about a week now and I got thrown into the low priority pool for being inactive during the game. I noticed that whenever I would plant several bombs on the same spot (keeping my mouse steady on one place while waiting for the cool down), I would get a warning that says "Techies has been removed in the game for inactivity". I forgot the exact text but I know you get the point. I got 2 warnings during the last 2 weeks that I've been playing techies and today, I got a third one, which basically had put me in the Low prio pool. I hope Dev is reading this so that they can take a look at the "techies bug" so to speak.