Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: "LEVEL UP" button has gotten me killed 5 times!

Despite really enjoying a new level, the current Level Up position and graphics are just bad. I'm glad I'm not alone in this train of though.

Basic Member
    It is a hassle but you will get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Hexagons View Post
    It is a hassle but you will get used to it.
    So what you're saying is we should get used to dying because the HUD is currently poorly designed? lol, there's a reason this is a BETA.

+1, happened to me once before, clicked it accidently and was sitting in lane as weaver trying to hit shukichi and wondering why I was just getting beaten to death and not getting an easy double kill

Basic Member
    Fist game ever of DotA. I would agree the level up button gets in the way.
    It was also hard to tell what got leveled up because the sujested skills are marked the same color as if they are allready leved. I would sujest putting the level up within the HUD so it is out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin Li View Post
    It was also hard to tell what got leveled up because the sujested skills are marked the same color as if they are allready leved.
    Agreed, I have a hard time recognizing what skills need to be upgraded: I think if a skill has been already been maxed, then it should be grayed-out. Also it's difficult to determine if I've actually pressed the level-up button, and am gunna level a skill, or just use that skill. I hate having to do a double take, it's so bad.

Basic Member
    I have played over 200 games and not once have I had this issue. I don't think it is that big of a deal honestly, you should be able to click around it and I don't think I ever really click in on that area anyways. I always click more to the left if I am trying to run back to my base as Radiant and even juking in random places I haven't had any issues with it.

+1.

As I said many times already, plz implement little pop-ups for upgrading skills like HoN and LoL. Way better.

Basic Member
    It fine with me maybe you are not Dota 1 player.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KungYii1994 View Post
    It fine with me maybe you are not Dota 1 player.
    In DotA 1 the level up button is at a position you're not going to accidentally click, here it very much isn't. So get off your DotA 1 throne and just admit that this system is badly designed.

The system is absolutely horrible, every single other MOBA game, including DotA 1, does it way better. I honestly don't understand why the ability keybinds stop working also, why should they? The level up keybinds are NOT the same as the use ability keybinds, so why do they block each other out? The system would still be clunky, but at least it would be manageable.