Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: "MMR missing/incorrectly calculated" thread

Shut up Shmendrich. Seriously...

I'm not denying that bugs concerning the MMR are possible (and maybe it even happened here), BUT:
    I've seen this in the past and what happened is the following: the affected players played a game that ended prematurely. Somewhere shortly after the loading screen/at the beginning of the pick screen. These games end because said player abandoned the game for whatever reason, intentionally or not. The server had an issue, causing the match to disappear from the match history and the MMR change to be applied later after a random game. It looks like "the devs can't count" (what the fuck...), but it's "simply" a game that's not showing up in your history. To be fair, that's also a bug, but merely one that causes confusion, not one that affects you in any way.

EDIT: Btw, it's impossible to prove or disprove this. I think I'll gather posts like this in the future so the devs can investigate why that's happening.
    Last edited by Kryil-; 04-29-2015 at 12:31 AM.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

but it's "simply" a game that's not showing up in your history
    Sorry...what? did you even read what he said or saw the picture before talking about it?.

That you are talking about is a known bug in which the match simply doesnt shows or shows later due to connection or server issues.

here you can see the match
    its even in his DotA Buff http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1430884262
    The next match you can see that his MMR indeed raised from the last match

But for whatever reason, instead of adding the 25 points it should supposedly be adding, its adding 21...this is ANOTHER bug different from what you are talking about.}

Are you saying that he is going to get 4 points later on?
    Last edited by Shmendrich; 04-29-2015 at 02:19 AM.
    Make a NON automated report system.
    I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
    Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
    The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

Quote Originally Posted by Shmendrich View Post
    Sorry...what? did you even read what he said or saw the picture before talking about it?.

That you are talking about is a known bug in which the match simply doesnt shows or shows later due to connection or server issues.

here you can see the match
    its even in his DotA Buff http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/1430884262
    The next match you can see that his MMR indeed raised from the last match

But for whatever reason, instead of adding the 25 points it should supposedly be adding, its adding 21...this is ANOTHER bug different from what you are talking about.}

Are you saying that he is going to get 4 points later on?
    He is not sure, what's sure however is that he's willing to tell ppl to shut up if they're rightfully mad at this joke of a system.

Basic Member

my friend it is bug and its a big on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post

I'm not denying that bugs concerning the MMR are possible (and maybe it even happened here), BUT:
    I've seen this in the past and what happened is the following: the affected players played a game that ended prematurely. Somewhere shortly after the loading screen/at the beginning of the pick screen. These games end because said player abandoned the game for whatever reason, intentionally or not. The server had an issue, causing the match to disappear from the match history and the MMR change to be applied later after a random game. It looks like "the devs can't count" (what the fuck...), but it's "simply" a game that's not showing up in your history. To be fair, that's also a bug, but merely one that causes confusion, not one that affects you in any way.

EDIT: Btw, it's impossible to prove or disprove this. I think I'll gather posts like this in the future so the devs can investigate why that's happening.
    i can prove it, just do a math for ur self http://images.akamai.steamuserconten...72B03EB3ED05C/ look when i started a snip game i had 4594 and i won a game so that is +25 and when i finish it i was 4594+25=4619 then i started a qop game and i lost -18 that shud be 4601 but insted i got 4555 so something is sirius wrong with this sistem and as u can see one more thing to chek for u, chek mmr for last 2 games, snip game '4594+25' and after that game its qop game and its says '4573-18 how' is that posibile totaly failld system
    Last edited by vidrazaba; 04-29-2015 at 04:43 AM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post

You kidding me with this? Explain to me how come dota 1 had the system covered 100% no bs like this, no lag, no delay...... the list goes on and on it was smooth as... and your actually defending valve? Just scream it out loud they cant handle shit simple as that. Living in denyal wont help you btw dont get down to a sheep metality :S. And you actually said and i quote: *Shut up Shmendrich. Seriously...* And if they actually give a shit the system would be fixed alredy. But here we are going in circles . Pls Kryil- dont get down to 0 logic mentality just dont! Just ask yourself how long does it take to fix the system and you got your answer... you dont need months, the rest is logic so dont even try to defend them!

Basic Member
    Offtopic, but...

6207 games, holy crap!
    Threads I think are useful to read:

Just another day on EU servers.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE BETTER PUNISHMENT SYSTEM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by PainIsMyGame View Post
    You kidding me with this? Explain to me how come dota 1 had the system covered 100% no bs like this, no lag, no delay...... the list goes on and on it was smooth as... and your actually defending valve? Just scream it out loud they cant handle shit simple as that. Living in denyal wont help you btw dont get down to a sheep metality :S. And you actually said and i quote: *Shut up Shmendrich. Seriously...* And if they actually give a shit the system would be fixed alredy. But here we are going in circles . Pls Kryil- dont get down to 0 logic mentality just dont! Just ask yourself how long does it take to fix the system and you got your answer... you dont need months, the rest is logic so dont even try to defend them!
    Man... Please, for the love of all that is holy, learn how to properly type. Most of your posts consist of nonsensical bullshit anyway, but still, it wouldn't hurt to be able to read them without a headache.

PS: LOGIC
    Spoiler: 

Basic Member

this is no bullshit its a sad story mait

Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    Man... Please, for the love of all that is holy, learn how to properly type. Most of your posts consist of nonsensical bullshit anyway, but still, it wouldn't hurt to be able to read them without a headache.

PS: LOGIC
    my post is legit and its not my folt that system is broken its just not ok, they shud do soomething p play that game a lot as u can see, its just not right....but fuck it ....

MMR mathematics ( 3980 - 25 = 3909 )

Can someone explain to me or tell me if the calculation was legit or not?? played a solo ranked yesterday, i know my rank wasn't that high but I think I need a fair calculations about it. Lost a game, -25 mmr and the result was terrible. From 3980 suddenly it became 3909... Really? Srsly?? Can someone enlighten the mathematics of this mmr calculations?? Thank you very much.. heres the screenshot...

1.jpg

There are several reports of these problems. A lot of people have encountered something similar. They are bound to fix it at some point. I hope so.
    Spoiler: