Thread: Viper's Poison Attack givving ranged attack to meele

Viper's Poison Attack givving ranged attack to meele

This seems to be little bit stupid, if then Empower don't give cleave to rangers, then why poison attack is giving ranged attack to meele ? it's also too OP, meele with ranged slow, there is nothing in spell description, that this is giving ranged attack, it is just buff that should give slow, not ranged slow...

Basic Member
    Working as intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    The average mmr in the 3.4k is lower than the average mmr in the 3.5k .
    Quote Originally Posted by Legdotus View Post
    in the middle of my game, I go to the menu, and watch a friend's game. That makes no sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by twl04046 View Post
    Sometimes the zeus ulti suddenly activated and it really scared me...

Cleave doesnt work for ranged heroes. This applies to every game mode. Same reason why bfury doesnt give cleave to ranged units.

Poison Attack is a semi-spell. It has a set cast range, which units will use when manually using it.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    bunny, aren't you tired of explaining why game mechanics are so broken in this mode?

That your so called ''semi-spell'' is a buff, also in spell description, also it was buff in dota1 and buff means it enhance your attack, so meele got meele attack so it should give meele slow, that's it, if buff should give ranged attack, i can buy orb of venom for every meele hero and should have ranged attack... according to spell description it should be buff and it shouldn't give ranged attack, the only problem is that dota2 prograammers are retarded noobs and can't program things good, that's also reason why silencer got int steal without any silencer's spells, and why void can always walk in boubble, and there is much more why are the programers fail...they just programed the engine wrong way and therefore AD is not working properly. (ability is binded to hero and that's the way it works, it can't be changed.)
    Anyway, it's BUG, meele attackers should have meele buff, also arrow from clinkz on meele gives ranged attack and that's lame...

Here is the spell description

Intensifies Viper's venom, adding an effect to his normal attack that slows attack and movement speed while dealing damage over time.
    Last edited by SuckMyNick; 04-07-2015 at 09:57 AM.

Basic Member
    @SuckMyNick - I wouldn't call valve programmers retarded because it's most likely not their fault that they made the mechanics this way before ability draft even existed. There are multiple reasons for making it this way like faster implementation, better debugging, lower amount of code to maintain etc. The problem is not supporting the mode which is the fault either of a dota2 dev team leader or valve as a company.

The thing is - those bugs you mentioned aren't the biggest problem of the mode. The queue picking system and skill pool is. Unless those are fixed people won't really enjoy playing this mode competitively.

Quote Originally Posted by SuckMyNick View Post
    That your so called ''semi-spell'' is a buff, also in spell description, also it was buff in dota1 and buff means it enhance your attack, so meele got meele attack so it should give meele slow, that's it, if buff should give ranged attack, i can buy orb of venom for every meele hero and should have ranged attack... according to spell description it should be buff and it shouldn't give ranged attack, the only problem is that dota2 prograammers are retarded noobs and can't program things good, that's also reason why silencer got int steal without any silencer's spells, and why void can always walk in boubble, and there is much more why are the programers fail...they just programed the engine wrong way and therefore AD is not working properly. (ability is binded to hero and that's the way it works, it can't be changed.)
    Anyway, it's BUG, meele attackers should have meele buff, also arrow from clinkz on meele gives ranged attack and that's lame...

Here is the spell description

Intensifies Viper's venom, adding an effect to his normal attack that slows attack and movement speed while dealing damage over time.
    Descriptions don't reflect the mechanics to 100%.

Also technically, the description is still right. You still are doing attacks, just those attacks use the range coded in the ability, not the unit's attack range. If you use auto-cast, it uses your attack range, because you dont order a cast. But if you use it manually, it uses the cast range. The same applies to other modes as well. Viper's Poison Attack has a cast range of 600, but Viper has an attackr ange of 575. When you use Poison Attack with autocast, Viper uses his attack range. But if you use Poison Attack manually, it counts as spell cast, so it uses the spell cast range, which is 25 range higher than his attack range. This is the intended behavior and since game mechanics do not change between game modes, it also applies to Ability Draft.

This works the same was as in DotA1.
    https://youtu.be/ZR60hUC1sRQ

Also, appereantly, active attack modifier do not seem to work for melee units in Warcraft 3. The attack just does nothing and even when set on autocast, the modifier does not apply to the unit's attacks. But as you can see in the vid, regardless of it not actually applying the modifier, it does use the cast range set in the ability options, not the unit's attack range.