Thread: Map layout really bad or pudge hook too long

Basic Member

Map layout really bad or pudge hook too long

Standing with pudge in this position: bug3_7.jpg u can hook in radient base w/o any problems as shown in this pic: bug3_1.jpg.
    To conclude ... from that position you shoudn't be able to hook inside the radient base in any situation, maybe just with forcestaff ... but it make u drop from cliff.
    To see my conclusion in this pic: bug3_2.png the aria in red it appears somewhat bigger that in dota 1, or the portion between the cliff and base too narrow as seen in bug3_7.jpg and you can see in this pic from dota 1 that the distance is way bigger bug3_4.jpg and you can never hook from that position inside the base.

Here is a second example of bad layout.
    Standing on the edge of the river on mid u can hook someone in dota 2 close to tower as seen in this pic: bug3_3.png, looking at a hook from dota 1 from same spot u can see that the hook is shorter: bug3_5.jpg. Conclusion to this is that the river portion is somewhat narrower than in dota 1 on the middle.
    edit: added this 2 pics to see the difference of the river: bug3_8.jpg and bug3_9.jpg

Other conclusion that could be is that the hook is more longer, but the layout is a better explanation

Hope i didn't bored some1 with this long post but i find it to be a crucial bug and sry of bad english if any
    Some of the pics are from the old patch but i checked everything and it didn't change
    Last edited by Tazz; 09-30-2011 at 06:41 AM.

This seems like a pretty serious issue, I have noticed Pudge's hook does seem to be getting certain areas it didn't used to be. I support investigating this.

wow pudge really deadly on this