Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Show your Gold Per Minute when you hover over your current gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lencovic View Post
    lol are you serious? asking for gpm to be implemented is way too much for valve, it has to be EXACTLY like d1, there's no reason to add such a convenient tooltip into the game, now let the discussion about how the 'skilled' people calculate their gpm while playing begin:
    goood damn Im so dissapointed with the way things are going with d2....
    Your sarcasm is both convincing and scary

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 212 View Post
    Yeah it's kinda lame I can't see my GPM, movespeed, damage reduction from armor, spell type, etc

No reason not to have these
    you can see ur MS, armor, etc if you mouseover the stats thing in your HUD.

I think gpm would be a nice addition but a low priority one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencovic View Post
    lol are you serious? asking for gpm to be implemented is way too much for valve, it has to be EXACTLY like d1, there's no reason to add such a convenient tooltip into the game, now let the discussion about how the 'skilled' people calculate their gpm while playing begin:
    goood damn Im so dissapointed with the way things are going with d2....
    +9999

Altough i'm loving the beta stage of the game, i find the orthodoxy of Valve/Icefrog ridiculous...they have a golden opportunity to make a better game of dota with the source engine because there are no more the limitations that wc3 engine had...

but then, when i see that half the community are math genious that can while playing Dota 2 do some math, or simply don't understand that knowing yours and your opponent gpm is important for instance, to have one more information to decide who to prioratize in a teamfight, i guess then theres no reason to improve the game and let's just keep it as it is!

I would rather not see this implentet as it will affect the gameplay too much. We don't want dota2 to become too easy imo

Basic Member
    Good idea but... Show GPM only on HUD of player so he can se only his own GPM not other.

+1

I really dont see the point.

Why is this info relevant to you?

Basic Member
    +1
    If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is stronger than you, evade him.
    If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
    If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them.
    Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

-Sun Tzu

Basic Member
    +1

This is one of HoN's best UI features. Too bad S2 ruined the game :P. DOTA 2 can do it right.

Basic Member
    Obviously new to the game if you don't understand why you would want to see your gpm. If you're carrying a game, and 20 min in you look at your gpm and it's under 300, it's kind of a wake up call to say, stop roaming and go rice some creeps or you are probably going to be demolished soon. Also if your gpm is above 600 and you visually see it, it's a motivation to keep it over 600.

It's all psychological yes, but it also gives direction to see which carry in the team is doing better, and you might want to split the farm in such way. And gpm calculations are already implemented in the game, inputting a little box that tells you what your gpm is when you hover over your gold doesn't look like a HUGE work around.