Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Suggestion] Show your Gold Per Minute when you hover over your current gold

Basic Member
    People only want this because it exists in HoN, there is no actual use for it, you have the items you have, you should be able to calculate your gpm if you really needed, no other use to see it ingame apart from flaming and boosting ego, which isn't really relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by JKD View Post
    People only want this because it exists in HoN, there is no actual use for it, you have the items you have, you should be able to calculate your gpm if you really needed, no other use to see it ingame apart from flaming and boosting ego, which isn't really relevant.
    There's no actual use for it? You obviously have no idea what your talking about. I use a mod in HoN gives an estimation of my entire team's GPM. If your playing support as much as I do knowing who has adequate farm and who takes priority when it comes to protection is essential. It's simple, save the carry with 350 gpm, or save the carry with 150gpm?

I've one tons of games by just providing support and assistance to the right player in the right circumstances. Sometimes sacrificing some gold for wards to protect the key player can mean a difference between winning and loosing. The only reliable indicator for how well a player is doing during a game is GPM.
    Last edited by akaHideinlight; 03-14-2012 at 03:48 PM.

+1 implement this - there is no reason not to...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by akaHideinlight View Post
    There's no actual use for it? You obviously have no idea what your talking about. I use a mod in HoN gives an estimation of my entire team's GPM. If your playing support as much as I do knowing who has adequate farm and who takes priority when it comes to protection is essential. It's simple, save the carry with 350 gpm, or save the carry with 150gpm?

I've one tons of games by just providing support and assistance to the right player in the right circumstances. Sometimes sacrificing some gold for wards to protect the key player can mean a difference between winning and loosing. The only reliable indicator for how well a player is doing during a game is GPM.
    You look at their items and their gold, and if they have treads in 20 minutes you know they're doing poorly, but if they have radiance and boots in 20 minutes you know they're doing well. I don't see the need for any calculations, its just glancing at the hero. In fact, if they are doing really poorly they are the ones that should be protected, so they can be an asset lategame and are currently weak and gankable.

I fail to see why you need this when you have a CS counter and a KD counter, which tell you the same information.

Quote Originally Posted by 212 View Post
    Yeah it's kinda lame I can't see my GPM, movespeed, damage reduction from armor, spell type, etc

No reason not to have these
    I second this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB.Quik View Post
    I second this.
    All those are available except the GPM.
    Now,I am not saying i am against GPM(honestly i dont mind it),but after a few games you don't really need them,by playing you have the feel of the game;using intuition you will surely be able to feel if you are wining or losing(assuming you dont solo play the game ).
    Those statistics are mainly introduced in dota 2 for dotatv(+casting ) people not playing a game have a harder time "feeling" how good a player/team performed.In my opinion introducing to many indicators would reduce the organic feeling of the game(again this is my opinion-it is a part I enjoy )

Basic Member
    There's no reason not to add it for friendlies, although it should be low priority. It's not making any more information available, it's just making EXISTING INFORMATION more accessible.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishamon View Post
    Obviously new to the game if you don't understand why you would want to see your gpm. If you're carrying a game, and 20 min in you look at your gpm and it's under 300, it's kind of a wake up call to say, stop roaming and go rice some creeps or you are probably going to be demolished soon. Also if your gpm is above 600 and you visually see it, it's a motivation to keep it over 600.

It's all psychological yes, but it also gives direction to see which carry in the team is doing better, and you might want to split the farm in such way. And gpm calculations are already implemented in the game, inputting a little box that tells you what your gpm is when you hover over your gold doesn't look like a HUGE work around.
    Lmao, you sound just like a NEWBIE. Do you even know how GPM are calculated? GPM reflected gold from killing heroes, taking towers, killin chicken, roshan, etc. GPM is different from CS. It does not ONLY reflect your farming. Using a broken/useless GPM only mislead you whether you should farm or ganl mate. Play 500 more games at least before you suggest others to be new.

The only thing that best reflect your farm is your last hit. Though even last hit system is misleading because it does not take into account the gold loss due to your deaths.

knowing your gpm in-game is cheating, is what i would've said before dotatv

but since you can find this out from a friendly spectator if you want to know badly enough, why not just implement into the game

Yea.