Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 6.84 patch orbs on melee units

Basic Member
    Just played one match on new patch - it works as it says to work, using orbs on melee heroes misses if over 350 range. Ragequits before first blood. Brace yourselves for more ragequits...

I'm not responsible for this section. Also stop putting words in my mouth. I never said that they won't be fixed, I just said the obvious, this mode has very low priority currently. You are even saying it yourself whenever someone posts something here.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Then who's responsible? And why can't you ask them to manage this sub? Why do you even care coming here and posting if it's not your section? It's better to waste time responding to bugs here rather then ask responsible mod to manage this sub? Or maybe if you got enough time and they don't, then you should handle this sub?

I was talking about "wontfixes" on innate abilities that are working the way intended for normal modes, so they won't be changed for the AD as new use case. The talk about bug or not a bug if u remember. Maybe you never said they won't fix it, I don't know, I don't care.

I'm just letting people know about the attitude devs have towards AD to let newcomers know just posting a bug won't do.

this change RUINS every melee trying to use an orb effect... I'm sorry but this patch and its changes reminds me of the type of shit riot does with league... its complete bullshit, i play this game over LoL because its of its purity... Ability draft now, while this change is minor, sucks! melee have been limited to sooooo many builds, impetus sucks now on melee and i really never say that about anything..... clearly the devs have been overtaken by the same virus that's overcome the world of warcraft devs and LoL devs..... nerf, nerf ,nerf, its always a viable solutions ( not ) all they had to do to fix most of these things was to just apply the CAST ANIMATION to the attack animation of such abilities.................
    Last edited by semajextah; 05-02-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Basic Member
    I actually think this is a good thing. Sure, I'm against rebalancing every single little thing in AD, but,weren't melee heroes with orb effects OP as shit? I mean, yeah, for some of them this was a good lane sustain, but by God, if you took Treant or chaos knight,or any melee with decent EHP with frost arrow and poison attack, you just won your lane.Peroid.Nuff said. Orbs are still good,but now,as a melee, you actually either need to do some magic-bullshit calcuation of your distance from the enemy, or just do what every other melee does and GO FIGHT MELEE. To me, this seems like an indirect balance to AD.

I think you are over-exaggerating about this whole thing by comparing it to wow and lod. Lod had Pendragon and 1000 RP bane of existence, and Wow currently has...way too many issues to talk about, and this isn't the place to talk about them....Sure, AD is buggy as hell, but that's just beause it's not on Valve's top priority list.I don't really see this virus you're talking about...we still have some major bugs on regular games with patch 6.84, when we fix that, i think we need to look at AD and start fixing all that this patch has bugged to hell.
    Last edited by What3010; 05-08-2015 at 03:46 AM.

Basic Member
    I don't agree with that.

For one you don't get to choose a hero and I often play a lineup of 4M + 1R vs 4R + 1M and now rangers always win. That's because all ranged orbs are mostly useless for melees now.

Second thing is that you can have multiple other over powered skills and letting one melee player pick all that good stuff is just bad teamwork. If treant or ck is first and he picks range orb then so be it but he also could pick any other OP spell as first player.

As for the fixing of AD - the thing is the AD wasn't really fixed for a whole year. There's always "more important" thing to get fixed other than AD while AD need some minor patches and one mayor fix for picking system and that's it.

Basic Member
    I don't think orbs are useless on melee.Sure they are not as good as before,but poison attack or frost arrow are still good UAM-s, even if you don't benefit from extra range.I don't know how it is currently because i haven't played any AD recently,but it just seems to me that it's better to nerf "600 range-insta slow projectile attack on a guy that you won't ever kill" then buffing range heroes. I still think this is "choosing lesser of two evils", but i may also be proven wrong really soon .

As for AD balancing, I agree with you there. I don't really know, there has been ALOT of very good suggestions from this community that wouldn't take that long to implement and that "more important" we always get is really starting to bug people who like to play AD. I'm just hoping that they will at least try to fix some issues of this patch before the next one comes out .

Quote Originally Posted by What3010 View Post
    I don't think orbs are useless on melee.Sure they are not as good as before,but poison attack or frost arrow are still good UAM-s, even if you don't benefit from extra range.I don't know how it is currently because i haven't played any AD recently,but it just seems to me that it's better to nerf "600 range-insta slow projectile attack on a guy that you won't ever kill" then buffing range heroes. I still think this is "choosing lesser of two evils", but i may also be proven wrong really soon .

As for AD balancing, I agree with you there. I don't really know, there has been ALOT of very good suggestions from this community that wouldn't take that long to implement and that "more important" we always get is really starting to bug people who like to play AD. I'm just hoping that they will at least try to fix some issues of this patch before the next one comes out .
    Ranged heroes were already better than melee heroes without this change. Why would they have buffed ranged heroes or intentionally nerfed melee heroes?