Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 6.84 patch orbs on melee units

Basic Member

6.84 patch orbs on melee units

Am I missing something important here? In the changelog it states:

-Melee attacks now miss if the target is farther than 350 range more than their attack range.

Are the orb effects included with this (I don't really know how orbs interact with melee heroes in dota2 so i can't really tell)?

Basic Member
    I think its about tiny with aghanim and spiritbear that were hitting even when the target was already far away due to low attack speed/rate. We'll have see if this screws up using orbs in AD.

^ No, it's not because of that. The game already has a motion buffer range.
    Please, just call me buny.

Basic Member
    Hmm, maybe it doesn't work too well? I haven't played normal mode in ages but i remember that spiritbear could hit you and entangle you when you were hasted for example and you moved like 500 units away during his attack animation.

Anyways would be nice bu3ny to have you checking out somehow if it's gonna waste the ranged orbs on melee heroes in AD rather than going "you know nothing, john snow" on me...

How am I supposed to check that?

Basic Member
    I thought you know everything or at least as moderator you got somehow the beta version of the game. Also you could ask devs.

I don't have any beta version, I'm just a forum mod. You could ask the devs, too, would have the same effect in the end.

Also yes, I saw gifs on melee units with active attack modifier missing when using them from too far away.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    You could ask the devs, too, would have the same effect in the end.
    Again - Each time I try to ask devs noone responds. That's why I think its better to go through mods if they talk to you. They simply don't care about what normal users have to say unless spammed over or hot topics generate heaps of posts. Or maybe only few of them are active on the forum? You could tell us which ones are most likely to talk with us.

You say we should simply ask them so I assume that they respond to your inquires.

That's why you've simply became a wall when you should be a bridge between us and devs.

They respond to me like how they respond to you. The mods arent supposed to be bridges between regular users and devs, we are supposed to keep this place organised. A better "bridge" to the devs would be the core testers, as they have more contact to the devs (I assume).

Basic Member
    Yeah, I get that it's not your role. Anyway you keep saying "ask devs yourself" while you know it doesn't work for us.

You would have a lot less things to do here if you already managed somehow this subforum. People keep posting new topics about same problems over and over. And you're not joining the threads which simply means you're not doing your job. Stacked together would show there are problems with enough feedback that could be considered for a fix. Anyway I don't see you doing any moderator work here except for removing posts obviously crossing the line and you rather want get here, waste your time telling us it's a won'tfix because its a fun only mode etc etc etc...