Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Abilities Range

I would be alright with a range indicator on skills. It has no impact on high level play, and makes the game more accessible to newer players.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen3sis View Post
    Stoped reading there aswell and laughed a bit, then I read the rest of the post and facepalmed

Anyway.... there were a lot of threads about this, and everyone agrees that this would be stupid.

GL&HF
    Literacy clearly seems to be optional when posting on these forums.

Suggesting that everything in LoL is some how 'bad' or 'negative' is pretty stupid.

Suggesting that everyone 'agrees that this would be stupid' is also rather stupid, especially since there are people that disagree with your opinion in the very thread you are posting in.

It doesn't matter where it came from, it's a matter of personal preference and should be taken into account. We already have ability radius visible on mouse-over, so why not consider having it up during spell casts as an option?

Basic Member
    I really don't think it's so ridiculous that the game should become slightly mechanically easier by giving a visual indicator of range. It wouldn't change game balance, it wouldn't affect competitive play at all, it would just make the game a bit easier to play. It could even be optional (although I doubt anyone would leave it off), but I really don't see how this is so stupid.
    And regardless of how bad LoL is, it made some improvements on the genre and made some decent design decisions. Just because the concept of a range indicator is from LoL doesn't mean it's bad.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Azzorf View Post
    Open your mind dude, LoL is actualy the Moba who makes most money of the game (something Valve is highly interested). And is almost getting Dota on number of players, and remember it has a lot less time in the marked comparing to Dota. So, open your mind both games have good thing and bad things, even Dota being way better, in my opnion.
    hahaha not that dota had at its peak time 4x more players then LoL ever did.

anyway.... suggesting something to be transferend from lol to dota should be bannable.

and its clear that beta was given mostly to russians and noobs, so i wont even bother trying to explain anything ^^ go back to your LoL guys
    Last edited by Gen3sis; 01-06-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen3sis View Post
    hahaha not that dota had at its peak time 4x more players then LoL ever did.

anyway.... suggesting something to be transferend from lol to dota should be bannable.
    Dota at one time had 50 million players?

Basic Member
    To people bashing LoL and saying "everyone agreed that the idea is stupid" - range indicator is already in the game. You can activate it with dota_disable_range_finder through the console, that's right. Your precious game already has a feature from so-called "retard friendly" game, so did it make the game easy? I don't think so, neither does Valve since they added it in the first place. Hell, you didn't even know about it, you're playing the game and you don't know what you can and cannot do yet you think that you're qualified to discuss the matter.
    Just how ignorant can you get, are you even aware of dota_range_display command? Probably not. It's laughable that you think people should be banned for suggesting something from LoL when it's already in the game, you basically talk out of your ass and make yourself look like a fool, well done.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of this sort of display. Been using the one available in the console since I got into the beta.

It doesn't work perfectly right now, but it's nice and will be even better when fully functional.

Basic Member
    Hope this gets added, or at least so that with pudges hooks I can see the range at every level, wish it worked like other skills.

EDIT: also looked at that console command, man is that nice.
    Last edited by Zecon; 01-06-2012 at 02:26 PM.

to all the DotA fags, plz leave.

OP, imo this could be done, but only if they pay a lot of attention to it and make it a choice for the user.
    HoN also added this function and it's really horrible imo. The way LoL also uses for their target ground gadget spells (like hooks and stuff) is horrible imo. Sometimes the skill just passes that arrow and slowly disapears... This gives the players an incorrect sense of where the skill actually ends. If it's done correctly AND it's a players choice to use it or not, OK, if we wont be able to choose not to use it, I don't think it'll be a good idea.