Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Abilities Range

Basic Member
    This makes the game awful, also it's useless, I mean, you just need to know what is the range of the spell at once, you don't need to know it everytime you cast it.

I'm not against all these LoL based suggestions, but for this one: T-DOWN.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSky View Post
    This makes the game awful
    Care to elaborate?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSky View Post
    This makes the game awful, also it's useless, I mean, you just need to know what is the range of the spell at once, you don't need to know it everytime you cast it.

I'm not against all these LoL based suggestions, but for this one: T-DOWN.
    I guess the game is awful then because when you mouse over your ability it shows the range circle around your hero. I guess we should all now not buy this awful game when it is released! Notify everyone!!!!!!!!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen3sis View Post
    and its clear that beta was given mostly to russians and noobs, so i wont even bother trying to explain anything ^^ go back to your LoL guys
    You've never once taken the time to explain anything and have instead resorted to one-liners and ad hominem, not unlike the post made by OrangeSky. I suspect it's because you can't actually erect a reasonable defense; prove me wrong.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Graybes View Post
    I like this idea. The range indicator is already there when you mouse over so there really is no reason for it to not show up when to select an ability to use. It's not like you are asking for something that isn't in the game already you are just asking for some consistency.

I guess DOTA 2 is now a noob game because in DotA there weren't ability range indicators at all. Even when you moused over the ability. According to Nerzyman any change like this is awful because it makes things easier. Damn I guess I'll rethink my DOTA 2 purchase now that I know I'm playing a noob friendly game.
    fk noob new engine = ezmode scrub /sarcasm

Another thing I noticed is that when a spelll radius increses with its level, it doesn't show (with the cursor on its icon).

Area around the hero spells doesn't show either like QoP Scream of Pain. They should display the range of damage.

why the hell would you refuse an improvement
    an optional improvement already in the damn game
    it's really sad to see something refused just because league happens to have it as well, just play wc3 if you are just living in fear of change

Basic Member
    As stated this doesn't affect the high level of play adding this in will help people to be adjusted to their heroes faster, yeah I know it's a noob friendly idea but it will help the new players immensely:

How does it feel losing to someone because he random a hero and wasted your time, having these things that help the newer players to adjust faster doesn't give them an advantage just a head start...

Isn't that whats needed to learn heroes? Other then time.

Basic Member
    In my opinion, this should be an available option, but not on by default.

Quote Originally Posted by hardRAWKR View Post
    +1, I screw up a lot of abilities because I don't know the range. You can enable a range-finder with the console right now though, with dota_disable_rangefinder 0 although it's a bit clunky right now. I suspect they plan to add this soon.
    You suspect wrong.