Thread: [Bane] Nightmare transfer via attacking gets blocked/reflected

[Bane] Nightmare transfer via attacking gets blocked/reflected

As of now, Linken's Sphere and Lotus Orb (and AM's Spell Shield when upgraded) proc upon attacking a nightmared enemy unit. Lotus Orb is heavily abusable this way, as it will put Bane to sleep, no matter where he is. Linken's Sphere can also be abused this way to easily remove Nightmare from allies or enemies.

This only works when the Nightmare was originally cast by an enemy. Does not work when it was an allied Bane.

As a comparison, the Nightmare applied by Aghanim's Scepter completely ignores Lotus Orb and Linken's Sphere. The transfered nightmares should behave like this as well.

Last edited by bu3ny; 03-19-2017 at 11:35 AM.
    Please, just call me buny.

(New?) Bug involving Bane's Nightmare and Lotus Orb

I've heard about Lotus Orb permanently replacing Bane's Nightmare with the subability to wake them up, but is this working as intended?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMzq...ature=youtu.be

Bug description: Attacking a unit under the effect of Nightmare while you have a Lotus Orb buff puts Bane to sleep
    Expected effect: Bane is not put to sleep and attacking a Nightmared unit occurs normally, because Bane casting a spell did not trigger the Orb.
    Your Steam Profile Link (important): http://steamcommunity.com/id/GhostCorps
    Match ID (important): 2480281960
    Any other helpful information: Bug occurs around game time 42:22.

Actually, I was thinking--It might also have something to do with the fact the original Nightmare was cast on Ogre, then Sniper attacked him to wake him up, which was followed by Ogre Lotus Orb'ing himself and attacking Sniper, getting Nightmare back. I dunno.

Linken's Sphere and Lotus Orb proc on Nightmare which was cast by an enemy, regardless of whether it was directly cast on you, or if it was transfered on you.

Considering that they are supposed to reflect only when getting targeted, this seems like an unintended behavior.

Also, the sub-ability replacing the mainspell bug was fixed some time ago.

Soul Bind uses same mechanic as Lotus Orb. This bug affects Soulbind as well.