Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Effect! Different Weather For Different Days

Banned

Map Effect! Different Weather For Different Days

I really wants to more graphics/effects update from valve. Like the trees moving when the winds blows. I mean valve got that technology and they only do amazing thing with the waters but come on. The trees need to look more lively. Just like its alive.

Winds blows through tree = tree leaf starting to move!
    Spells casted at trees = Tree leaf begins to move!
    Heroes goes through trees = Tree leaf begins to move!

And give us the ability to have rain and snow on the map just like in Dota 1. But lets make a change from Dota 1. Lets say in Dota 2 you have different weather for different days.

Day 1 = Sun
    Day 2 = Rain
    Day 3 = Snow
    Day 4 = Flower grows and its spring
    Day 5 = Sun since its summer
    Day 6 = if it ever gets this far! fog with rain and lightning

Its not that hard to get that effect into the game. Most dota games get finished either at day 2 or 3. Day 1 if the opponent team is very good then it can be finished in 15 minutes.

Basic Member
    Winds blows through tree = tree leaf starting to move!
    T-Up on that part, the rest is too much.

Basic Member
    agree with these, but it will eat much fps I think

about the rest: this is not minecraft

Basic Member
    well, I can tell you that I have never gone under 130fps so bring me more effects please!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by etojuice View Post
    agree with these, but it will eat much fps I think

about the rest: this is not minecraft
    My computer is from 2011 so I say bring it on. Does not use much fps unless you got a computer from 2006. I have new computer cause I want to play games like

Mass effect 3
    Diablo 3
    Street fighter x tekken!
    Kingdoms of amular

And those games above use more computer power than Dota 2 game itself. Well if you guys complain about FPS then you clearly got crappy computers. Just buy a new one dont be so cheap.

I play the newest battle field and modern warfare. only use 20% of the computer! I say bring the effects on. Old computer like yours can disable these options.
    Last edited by Sciaticjam; 01-05-2012 at 08:03 PM.

No I don't want to strain my eyes by seeing more effects caused by the environment.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AzianStrider View Post
    No I don't want to strain my eyes by seeing more effects caused by the environment.
    Actually I think its a great idea. They could just add it into the game following options!

1. Those who dont like the effects turns the weather options off
    2. Those with good computers and like the weather effect can have it on

A on/off option feature for weather effects should not be that difficult to make! In Dota 1 you could just use the command

-weather snow or rain and it only applies for the player that used the command!

The player who used the command -weather snow in dota 1 can see the snow coming down. If they used command -weather rain in dota 1 only that user will see the rain pouring down on the map.

This feature is already in Dota 1. But making it

Day 1 = Sun
    Day 2 = Rain
    Day 3 = Snow
    Day 4 = Flower grows and its spring
    Day 5 = Sun since its summer
    Day 6 = if it ever gets this far! fog with rain and lightning

For Dota 2 is a super great idea. Just have the off/on feature and it should work out for everyone that worries about their FPS. Please remember that I said this feature is already in Dota 1. In dota 1 you could change the map terrain too something you cant do in Dota 2.
    Last edited by SmileforMe; 01-05-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Basic Member
    I liked the idea. Very good indeed.

Trees moving part would be fantastic if implemented!!

Dunno if a 1 weather per day would be good. Some people just don`t like weather effects, so like it was on DotA 1, if we had an option to enable it or not during game would be cool...
    Like 1 option for each weather and one for them to show up randomly during the game...would be pretty nice.
    But again...this is beta, and weather + tree`s animations aren`t the priority right now...

I'd love to see some more environment effects (like you noted with the trees), as long as you can disable them on lower graphics settings.

Right now my shitty laptop has a hard enough time with DotA2, and I know literally millions are in the same boat as me. But when I get back access to my sick desktop, I'm going to crank this baby up.
    Change has kept DotA alive, evolving, and improving since 2002. And now DotA has an entire new engine at it's disposal, with infinite new capabilities.

So why are there so many DotA fundamentalists/conservatives that oppose new features, options, and information?

Embrace the change.