Thread: Matchmaking

Matchmaking

So... lastest patch makes queues longer but the matches are as unbalanced as always?

or did I lose something?

let me guess you queued one time it was an uneven match and then you decided to post about it

No, not really, just making noise so they remember people cares... but the queues are longer (again 6+ minutes) and the games are unbalanced, I hate the fact I have to play carry to be able to win a game, it kills the purpose of dota

Quote Originally Posted by knurlhelm View Post
    No, not really, just making noise so they remember people cares... but the queues are longer (again 6+ minutes) and the games are unbalanced, I hate the fact I have to play carry to be able to win a game, it kills the purpose of dota
    no, you just have to play carry to lift yourself out of your crappy (probably undeserved, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt) MMR.

Quote Originally Posted by knurlhelm View Post
    This whole "unbalanced" crap is really getting tiring. The game matches up mmr (elo) and goes from there. It doesn't know if one team is gonna pick a bunch of carries. It can't know if someone is going to pick a hero that they have never played. It can't know if one team is going to pick a heavy push heroes. It can't know if one team is going to all pick their best heroes. It can't know if one team is going to tri lane. It can't know if one team is going to go Rosh. Itcan't know if one team might have someone who is drunk. There are so many variables that can cause an unbalanced game that NO MATCHMAKING SYSTEM CAN FIX. So please, enough with the redundant idiotic threads. Were some of the International games that were stomps also a case of matchmaking? Of course not. A lot of times games are essentially over by the time hero picks are selected.
    Last edited by comstrike; 08-06-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by comstrike View Post
    This whole "unbalanced" crap is really getting tiring. The game matches up mmr (elo) and goes from there. It doesn't know if one team is gonna pick a bunch of carries. It can't know if someone is going to pick a hero that they have never played. It can't know if one team is going to pick a heavy push heroes. It can't know if one team is going to all pick their best heroes. It can't know if one team is going to tri lane. It can't know if one team is going to go Rosh. Itcan't know if one team might have someone who is drunk. There are so many variables that can cause an unbalanced game that NO MATCHMAKING SYSTEM CAN FIX. So please, enough with the redundant idiotic threads. Were some of the International games that were stomps also a case of matchmaking? Of course not. A lot of times games are essentially over by the time hero picks are selected.
    I wonder what will happen first, Valve fixes matchmaking or you give up defending the current matchmaking system...
    Last edited by secondbin; 08-06-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by func_door View Post
    no, you just have to play carry to lift yourself out of your crappy (probably undeserved, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt) MMR.
    I played in High matchmaking and I fell from there with the mm changes, now I'm on the Normal/High limit, and the games are total shit, so not really, the mm got too stupid to pick the players after those changes

Quote Originally Posted by comstrike View Post

and? I've played HoN and LoL and sadly those 2 games have better mm systems, I don't like those games, so I got here cuz the game is better, but the fact the game is balancing so badly it's really pushing me further and further away from the game, I don't play to get stressed but I do play to have competitive games, not to stomp crush the other team or get stomped by the other team, the level of the players the system picks right now FORCES you to play with pubstompers or carrys, and that's fucking stupid since that pool is no bigger than 20 heroes and makes dota a shitty game, the best quality of dota was the fact you could pick a big pool and that every hero has a counter, but now is pubstomp fest and it's freaking boring, and when you pick outside the pubstomp pool you get frustrated all game cuz your team is a bunch of monkeys, and again, this is slightly high mm with 1500+ games, it's not like the system can pair me with a guy with 10 games who feeds the whole game and assume the game is balanced cuz there are 5 players per side

Quote Originally Posted by secondbin View Post
    I wonder what will happen first, Valve fixes matchmaking or you give up defending the current matchmaking system...
    I know this is not directed to me but in my case I guess I'm gonna leave before they fix it, and I don't think the ammount of people leaving will be little since 70% of my friends hate the new mm settings
    Last edited by knurlhelm; 08-06-2013 at 02:02 PM.