Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: This game has turned awful, and I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Redthirst View Post
    The star system is a psychological trick, it really does nothing.
    You sure 'bout that? Cuz some people really really believe it does something (massive), and point out here as source...I beg to differ.
    Last edited by auygurbalik; 05-20-2015 at 08:18 AM.

Basic Member
    What? Its intention is as straightforward as it gets - you rate your desire to play with your teammate again. Damn, that's so tricky, Volvo is toying with our minds man.

I know, but that explanation is from when the system was implemented a long time ago.
    Recently I forum post from a valve employee saying how the star system will be implemented in matchmaking soon. I believe this is the explanation for the drop of quality in games that many have been experiencing in the past 2 months.

Basic Member
    Yeah, whomever are in charge of the matchmaking and reporting system in Dota 2 are either fresh graduates from computer science or experts on Swahili literature who couldn't find a better job.

The game is currently playable only if you play it with friends and known people. Otherwise, it's playing the roulette.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mjauz View Post
    http://puu.sh/hUa0z/eb3289712b.jpg
    Don't talk to me about how you win some you lose some.
    Don't talk to me about how 'It's all your fault you are losing'.
    Don't talk to me about how I should do something else in my game.
    Please take a wild guess what all of these games have in common.
    If you answered some guy who feeds courier/ruins the game on purpose/talks in foreign languages all the time, DING!, you are absolutely right.
    Valve have this stupid star system implement that puts you in games with other people who have the same star rating as you.
    For me, thats the 1 star queue. And it's terrible, and has nothing to do with skill, but since some geniuses thought it was a good idea to use this in normal and RANKED games, I'll just keep losing until I fall ot 4.something K mmr.
    And that is absolute bullshit. All this rage I build up from this streak made me see the bigger picture. I genuinely liked dota when I started playing it(2011), and it quickly became my favorite passtime. I was playing for hours upon hours, and the more I started understanding about the game, the more I started disliking losing, especially since ranked was introduced. But now, thinks have changed.
    This game, for the past two years, has been nothing but a shitty cash grab. Valve will soon turn into the next EA(at least they actually dish out good games once in a while), and there is really no hope for any of their competitive games(Dota & CS), because they, as a company focus more on the money-making aspect of the game, than on actually fixing bugs, taking community suggestions more seriously, etc.
    Well, I for one, have had enough.
    I'm out.
    Done.
    No one will care, because I'm not the first. But I won't be the last.
    Very soon many more like me will follow, and will hopefully open up Valve's eyes.
    Don't worry mate thousands of us in the same bucket.

My dotabuff score is over 5000. I am in the top 1000 with plenty of heroes. But my mmr just drops. i am at 3500 at the moment. Only in the last 2 weeks i lost 800. Volvo doesnt care about how bad their mmr system neither this site. Sell ur stuff and leave this piece of crap game alone. I only play techies now. FTW

Its all your fault youre loosing!!!
    ~ArcAngel~

It came to the point where fucking up the games makes more fun then trying really hard to do your best while 4 retarded teammates that bought their account and know shit about picking, warding, pulling and moving just piss on you and your intentions to win the game.

The fact is that MMR is a bullshit so no point to worry about it.
    It's fucked up anyway, so what is the point to care about it? Flooded with sold/abused/boosted accounts, what are you losing, except your time? Nothing else, cuz nothing matters.

It's just pathetic to watch the game and community boil in this shit-whirl RANK...

Basic Member
    ^the real problem is that majority of people overestimate their competence, much like in real life in all of its spheres, we have those who suffer from Dunning Kruger effect, and as such, they're also incompetent when it comes to realizing that they're just below average/average. Their warped logic and undeveloped thought process leads them to think that the only thing left to blame is the MMR system.

Quote Originally Posted by Haste^ View Post
    ^the real problem is that majority of people overestimate their competence, much like in real life in all of its spheres, we have those who suffer from Dunning Kruger effect, and as such, they're also incompetent when it comes to realizing that they're just below average/average. Their warped logic and undeveloped thought process leads them to think that the only thing left to blame is the MMR system.
    Shit-eater defends his food... Keep it up!

I mean, after so many abused/boosted/bought accounts you come up trying to defend this trash, especially an epic calibration system? The player who knows Dota from WC3 times won't say a single good word for this trash, so I think you one of those abused/boosted/bought who feels offended by attacks on worthless rank system.

Tell us more please!
    Last edited by OnMyWay; 05-20-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haste^ View Post
    I don't blame the MMR system, never did.
    I blame this hidden queue bullshit that just ruins your game on every level.