Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: This game has turned awful, and I'm done.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OnMyWay View Post
    Shit-eater defends his food... Keep it up!

I mean, after so many abused/boosted/bought accounts you come up trying to defend this trash, especially an epic calibration system? The player who knows Dota from WC3 times won't say a single good word for this trash, so I think you one of those abused/boosted/bought who feels offended by attacks on worthless rank system.

Tell us more please!
    Started in 2006, so you're wrong. Also, needless to say, it's likely that you have no idea how to create a MM algorithm and you're just complaining because all the other kids are doing it. Tell me how would you alter the system to make it better and prove me wrong.
    Last edited by Haste^; 05-20-2015 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haste^ View Post
    Started in 2006, so you're wrong. Also, needless to say, it's likely that you have no idea how to create a MM algorithm and you're just complaining because all the other kids are doing it. Tell me how would you alter the system to make it better and prove me wrong.
    We are no experts in MMR systems, but it can definitely be done better.

Quote Originally Posted by mjauz View Post
    We are no experts in MMR systems, but it can definitely be done better.
    This can be said literally about anything. But some people have the habit to blame anything on everything else except themselves.
    Spoiler: 

Quote Originally Posted by katsaroulhs View Post
    This can be said literally about anything. But some people have the habit to blame anything on everything else except themselves.
    Again, in my OP I never said anything about the MMR system, but I will now.
    I'm sure you've had the following situation :
    Let's say you are 4.1k.
    The three others on your team are ~4.1k (+-100), but the 5th guy is 5k but he was AFK during the pick phase, and had to lastpick support.
    On the enemy team the situation is the same, but the 5k player on their side instalocked his favorite mid hero.
    The 5k on the enemy team can do much more in the game, and will almost 100% of the times snowball and win the game.
    Games like that shouldn't happen, but they do.
    And I understand why this system isn't perfect, with it being super complex and all. Thats not the point of this thread, tho.
    What I don't understand is why ratings from random people have an affect on the people I get matched with in games in which my MMR is at stake(AS I STATED IN MY OP).

Basic Member
    Let's say you are 4.1k.
    The three others on your team are ~4.1k (+-100), but the 5th guy is 5k but he was AFK during the pick phase, and had to lastpick support.
    On the enemy team the situation is the same, but the 5k player on their side instalocked his favorite mid hero.
    The 5k on the enemy team can do much more in the game, and will almost 100% of the times snowball and win the game.
    And I understand why this system isn't perfect, with it being super complex and all. Thats not the point of this thread, tho.
    What I don't understand is why ratings from random people have an affect on the people I get matched with in games in which my MMR is at stake(AS I STATED IN MY OP).
    That's not the system's problem. It can't predict whether a person will go afk in the picking phase, if person will have a bad game, or anything else. All it sees are statistics, which are not always true, even if the person is legitimate, non-account buying player at high MMR, he can still go 0-20 if something goes wrong, and there's no way that anyone will create such system that will be able to predict this.

That's not the system's problem. It can't predict whether a person will go afk in the picking phase, if person will have a bad game, or anything else. All it sees are statistics, which are not always true, even if the person is legitimate, non-account buying player at high MMR, he can still go 0-20 if something goes wrong, and there's no way that anyone will create such system that will be able to predict this.
    I agree. Now can we carry on with the actual topic of this thread

So what's your solution? You still haven't provided one. Most of us are 4k players who get fucked by this all day but we don't say that we can make the system better.

Quote Originally Posted by Markman View Post

I only play techies now. FTW
    This can be an issue.

Let's say you are 4.1k.
    The first part of this statement is also true in my games but in a different way. For some reason, our highest mmr player plays like trash compared to their highest mmr player in every game. This includes being trash at last hitting and map awareness which costs us the game in the long run.

The system is not perfect but it is also super far from being decent. Forced 50% winrate is not just a coincidence for everyone who posts about it, it is real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    Shut up Shmendrich. Seriously...

Okay, here you are.

As I start, it's only the suggestions that could really help out with the MM, but honestly, I'm not the fan of "blind" random matching players only by their stats, I love how it was at WC3 at leagues, where you were managing your match yourself and there was no shit like private profiles and you were the one responsible for taking bad players into your hosted game. But I doubt that valve will go for such thing as they haven't done it yet, why would they do it anytime soon?

But that's my IMO, now back to what you challenged me. Mostly these are the filters for the MM search a player would prefer:

First, and mainly - a variation of setting that would really work!
    1. If I select English preference - I don't get players with Cyrillic or Chinese symbols, regardless of their game client settings. I get players with Latin names, thank you!
    2. An option to select a "single players only" to not be matched with the stacks. You play 5 randoms vs 3+1+1 or etc., don't like it - check the option and you won't get these matches. Wanna play against stacked players - leave it unmarked.
    3. A selection of a side - Dire/Radiant/Random
    4. A selection for role/position you would like to play BEFORE finding a match - to avoid having kids going dual mid or farm (so many games ruined before even started). Select one or two roles/positions you would like to play and you will be matched with players who selected all other remaining roles/positions.

Second, the MMR should be get reset once in a while... It is flooded with smurfs and all that shit, all know that and you can't deny it.
    Third - a decent report/punishment system to give the community a tool to be able to deal with bad players and intentional game ruiners, who have their rank abused or boosted.

As I stated before, it's only my IMO and I can assure that you can get a lot of useful ideas even at here from the players. All what I listed is so fucking easy to understand and these are the simplest suggestions, Valve could made it themselves, but the trust is that they simply don't care about, otherwise, the things like a decent report system or MMR reset would exist already.

I doesn't matter if one is a winning kid or a player from 2006 or from 3 corridors map, I wouldn't blame valve if they were doing at least SOMETHING for the game itself, but the are not doing any-fucking-thing about at fucking all! I hope you get my point!