Thread: List of Latest matches, and information on each of them

Basic Member

Lightbulb List of Latest matches, and information on each of them

Good morning, friends. Please tell me how to make a request to display a list of recent matches , the hero, who was chosen , the duration of the match, and statistics, as is done in the dotabuff.com under "Latest matches"
    2iiinap.jpg

Basic Member
    Good morning. Take a look at this: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=58317. Dotabuff's "Latest Matches" shows the player's last 15 matches - to replicate this on your own you would first need to use the GetMatchHistory request to get the unique id's of the player's last 15 matches and then the GetMatchDetails request 15 times (one time for each match) to get detailed information about each of the matches. That would be a total of 16 requests to the API, something that can take a fair amount of time to process (expect at least 10 seconds). Dotabuff can do it in just a few seconds since they store all new matches in a database and just fetch the data from there. If you are doing it just for fun using the API would be fine but if you are looking to build some sort of application that other people can use it's probably better to scrape the data directly off sites that has it stored in a database already like Dotabuff.com and Dotamax.com.

By the way, depending on your programming language, there are API-wrappers out there already that simplify this proces so that you don't have to hardcode the requests yourself. A search for "dota2" on Github should give you an idea.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisle View Post
    Good morning. Take a look at this: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=58317. Dotabuff's "Latest Matches" shows the player's last 15 matches - to replicate this on your own you would first need to use the GetMatchHistory request to get the unique id's of the player's last 15 matches and then the GetMatchDetails request 15 times (one time for each match) to get detailed information about each of the matches. That would be a total of 16 requests to the API, something that can take a fair amount of time to process (expect at least 10 seconds). Dotabuff can do it in just a few seconds since they store all new matches in a database and just fetch the data from there. If you are doing it just for fun using the API would be fine but if you are looking to build some sort of application that other people can use it's probably better to scrape the data directly off sites that has it stored in a database already like Dotabuff.com and Dotamax.com.

By the way, depending on your programming language, there are API-wrappers out there already that simplify this proces so that you don't have to hardcode the requests yourself. A search for "dota2" on Github should give you an idea.
    Big thanks!

^ kaisle. i want to know where i can get the "raw" game data.

i have already checked some of the open source codes in github like project yasha, etc.

But I want to see the raw game data.. I'm specifically interested on Mouse Clicks