Thread: [Confirmed] Neutrals have all sentry and observer ward vision.

[Confirmed] Neutrals have all sentry and observer ward vision.

Seems like the neutral camps have the ability to see both Radiant and Dire's sentry and observer ward vision. I saw this happen when the enemy tried to ward block my creep camp, so I placed a sentry ward to counter it, but the creeps began attacking it instead of me.

Repro:
    1. One team buys observer wards, other team buys sentry wards.
    2. Team with observer wards block a creep camp.
    3. The other team places a sentry ward to spot the observer ward.
    4. Wait for creep camp to spawn.

Result:
    Creeps attack the observer ward.

Expected:
    Creeps should NOT be able to attack it. It should not be able to have the sentry vision that was placed.

Basic Member
    This is still an issue, as well as creeps attacking players that are in fog as if they have maphacks. You can easily see this with the ranged creeps because they will continue attacking you without any vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelfire View Post
    This is still an issue, as well as creeps attacking players that are in fog as if they have maphacks. You can easily see this with the ranged creeps because they will continue attacking you without any vision.
    yea...fucking range creep maphackers..annyoing as shit, fix it plx.

Basic Member

True sight shared with neutrals.

Summary:
    True sight in an area around neutrals will be shared with the neutral camp. A hero carrying a gem or a sentry ward placed near a camp will allow neutrals to see enemies.

Repro Steps:
    1. Plant a sentry ward or have a hero carrying a gem a true sight near a neutral camp.
    2. Have an enemy hero walk near the same neutral camp while invisible or have him place a ward near the neutrals.

Result:
    The neutral creeps will be able to see and attack the hero or ward while it is invisible.

Expected Result:
    I'm not too sure about the result but if I recall correctly true sight should only be shared within the team and not shared with neutral creeps when using a gem or wards.

Additional:
    I did not test the use of dust of appearance or skills such such as track and amplify damage. I think that they did give vision to neutrals in War3 but I'm not too sure. It might be worth looking into these as well though.

EDIT:
    This post might fit better in the brainstorming sub-forum for now.
    Last edited by ploikmju; 08-04-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Basic Member
    I thought I read something similar to this so I searched. Turns out the thread was ignored: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=16166

I do believe there was at least one other topic about it too, going to search some more, but at least there's some confirmation and a way to test it.

Basic Member
    added to sticky.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Was semi-fixed. Neutrals now don't attack wards at all even if they have vision. Still bugged for invis heroes.

Basic Member
    Regarding maphacking creeps, they don't attack me as Venomancer if jungle with Plague wards but will attack when I come into visibility.

Basic Member
    It's really a bit retarded to still have this unfixed after so much time. Skip to 16:59