Thread: Bot KI

Basic Member

Bot KI

Hi all

fist pls dont flame me for this ^^ would be nice.

So iam new in dota 2 and try some games vs. Bots but i notice that bots in your own team
    akting like big fools they dont defend or even help you.
    Also it would be nice if you could ping Bots for a gank ( or is there a command if yes iam sorry ^^ )
    so iam thank full for any help.

Welcome to dev.dota2,
    first of all, we already have a big thread about that. It's on the same page here.
    About pinging: You can ping and bots will respond to it if they're on the same lane/nearby.
    I don't think there is an implemented feature to order bots around (to gank or so) but I think they'll implement it (would be wise).
    On the other hand: It's hard to do so because not every lane is "gankable" with a certain setup. It also depends on the mid hero and so on (situational).

Basic Member
    thanks =) hope it get a bit more balance soon mostly the problem that bots dont defend =)

Basic Member
    if you want bots to defend tower, just spam ping on the tower you want to defend, they'll tp in immediately

Basic Member
    defend they do it ^^ thats great but they keep feeding so bad that its impossible to win in most of my games they got stats like 1/15 or 2/23 ..... -.- and that makes it impossible to win

pls give the AI of the own team more Brain or higher IQ

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frogNorWOOT View Post
    defend they do it ^^ thats great but they keep feeding so bad that its impossible to win in most of my games they got stats like 1/15 or 2/23 ..... -.- and that makes it impossible to win

pls give the AI of the own team more Brain or higher IQ
    Eh, I can usually solo the enemy bot team by about 25-30m in with 90% of the heroes regardless of what my team does.
    Also, those stats can only be explained by getting very unfortunate setups really. If you put 2 bot teams against each other, I'm pretty sure I'd have a 95% success rate in saying the winning team due to difference in how well each AI works right now.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    Also, those stats can only be explained by getting very unfortunate setups really. If you put 2 bot teams against each other, I'm pretty sure I'd have a 95% success rate in saying the winning team due to difference in how well each AI works right now.
    How would you even want to judge this? There's always at least 1 human player in the game. If you don't know his skill, you won't be able to predict the game...

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MauranKilom View Post
    How would you even want to judge this? There's always at least 1 human player in the game. If you don't know his skill, you won't be able to predict the game...
    I said 2 bot teams. As in no humans.
    Say if you put something like:
    Tidehunter, Lina, Sven, Zeus, Sniper (Radiant)
    vs.
    Tiny, Windrunner, CM, Kunkka, Razor (Dire)

I'll guarantee you that the Radiant team will win.

The fact is if a human is on the Dire team, if he doesn't step things up and farms like a madman, his loss will be assured because his bots are guaranteed to lose any team fight.
    So what I'm saying is the people that keep saying "enemy bots are better" are probably just people who got into a situation with setups as I just mentioned. It's not that there's some sort of switch that makes enemy bots stronger, it's just certain AIs that will stomp other AIs if not for a human that farms enough to just win the game on his own, generally via abusing the fact that bots go derpy if you get too powerful.

It's not really anything to be concerned about, this problem will partially fade when more heroes get AIs. I'd also assume that many of the heroes will get improved AIs at some point, it's just that for now you see this phenomena , and since people keep complaining I keep mentioning it's not the game trying to be mean against players, it's just a random occurrence from a lack of bot variety right now.
    Last edited by Arxos; 01-08-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    I said 2 bot teams. As in no humans.
    Say if you put something like:
    You can't.

Also, I understand what you are trying to say, but I can't agree fully.
    Ofcourse, there are setups that favor one side or the other. But from what i observed the majority of the games is not in favor of the human player's team, this can't be only setup-related.
    Last edited by MauranKilom; 01-09-2012 at 02:11 PM.