Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Load-testing Steam Broadcasting

Basic Member
    1080p using steam browser runs fine, does feel a bit blurry.

If I use Auto quality it just jumps all around leading to lag.

If I watch the stream in the most recent chrome browser the video freezes for a few seconds pretty often while audio continues.

Reconnected to chat messages every few minutes.

Basic Member
    Do you have any other feedback about the stream?
    add twitch chat

Basic Member
    would be better if the video is a little brighter and the rest is all okay!

It's choppy when camera moves fast and it's way to dark.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CvP View Post
    Video color/contrast is slightly off. Video is blurry considering 3.5m 1080p stream. This is most likely due to 60fps. Video crispiness is much more important than 60fps.
    I second this. 60 fps is nice, but I'd like to see how much crisper it looks at 30 or 45 fps. I think the extra picture quality would easily make up for the fps difference.

Audio quality is also all over the place, but that's more so an issue with the tournaments audio setup. Dota TV just always sounds worse than Twitch.
    Last edited by ramma; 05-29-2015 at 10:44 AM.

Basic Member
    Will this count as watching matches like twitch does?
    The quality is really nice, but I can only watch it in steam http://puu.sh/i4ZfH/284b07d36f.png this pops up when I open the link in Chrome

Edit:
    1. Sometimes the stream lags
    2. If you open it in Fullscreen on a 2nd screen and switch the focus to another window both screens go black for a moment.
    Last edited by elklopso; 05-29-2015 at 10:50 AM.

CvP is right about the stream being slightly blurry. Imo it's okay-ish but a sharp 30 fps version would be useful.

Occasional stuttering (sometimes sound, rarely video) and rather frequent chat disconnects and reconnects from Germany.
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    CvP is right about the stream being slightly blurry. Imo it's okay-ish but a sharp 30 fps version would be useful.

Occasional stuttering (sometimes sound, rarely video) and rather frequent chat disconnects and reconnects from Germany.
    The sound is the spectator watching dotatv, not the stream

Basic Member
    • its a bit blurry
    • no theater mode (full window with only stream + chat), or at least I cant find it
    • I think you should make it a separate product, i.e. its own domain for it to succeed and compete with other streaming services. This is kind of a niche feature hidden under some menu in steam...

The audio of the commentators sounds quite a bit lower quality compared to twitch.