Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Load-testing Steam Broadcasting

Basic Member
    Can normal users broadcast games at 60 fps?
    I mean, having the stream running at 60 fps, not only the game.

Basic Member
    The image need some adjustments, but the quality overall outclasses twitch so hard.

Its impossible for me to watch twitch above 480p (medium), and in this stream is so smooth even on 720p without 2 seconds breaks on the transmission.

Nice job

Basic Member
    On 1080p, after pausing, when I restart the stream, the stream stutters for a while. Reproduced it once after the first occurence. It might be an issue with buffering, but I have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBro View Post
    The fact that I can not watch it with Firefox just Chrome or Safari makes me mad as hell!
    This is mostly a Firefox issue. Use a better browser.

Basic Member
    A little blurry, but its ok.
    Would be good if i could check the chat on fullscreen.

There are item drops in the broadcast stream?

The quality is great, the stream loads so fast as well. 60 fps working nice.

Great thing!

You're apparently using 3.5 Mbps for 1080p@60. The TI5 qualifiers coverage hub on Twitch is using the same bitrate for 720p@60.

And to be frank, it shows. While the fairly static hud elements look good, anything in motion suffers considerably in quality.

I've taken a screenshot and sized it 2x as an illustration. Look how blurry/overcompressed these three heroes look. You can't even make out Leshrac at all. He's just a glowing blue mess.

Basic Member
    Hi, I am from India, and the stream is kinda laggy on 480p and fine on 360p. i have a 4mbps down connection. also stream looks a bit dark.

edit: also the chat doesn't work. "unable to join chat"

Basic Member
    I'd really like for a higher bandwith option, seems like 3.5mbps sacrifices a bit much for 1080p @ 60fps.

Or could we get a 3.5mbps option for 720p @ 60fps?

The stream looks smooth, but the compression is a bit much.

This is what "1080p" looks like at 60fps and 3.5mbps; it looks bad.

garbage_quality.png
    Last edited by ogarza; 05-29-2015 at 11:52 AM.

From Bangkok, Thailand using steam browser [as firefox can't so click that load in steam client button]
    watching LC vs YES 1,300 viewers
    Local Time 1:27 AM [ very low internet load] My Internet is Cable line 10 Mbps

1080p smooth as silk. quality is ok, but will notice a bit streaming quality when look in full screen but it's ok. (Watch while also open DotA2 TV watching the same thing. The broadcast seem little like 5 sec behind ( but probably from when I change the video quality ))
    New to Dota2, never play Dota before| Ok so it's been half a year, still more new thing to learn. The game is awesome. | It's been 3 years, still don't know how to play half of the heroes. The game is the other half of my life now.