Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Load-testing Steam Broadcasting

Valve Developer
    Thanks for all the feedback!

We've made some adjustments to color and contrast. Thoughts on how it's looking now?

Basic Member
    I still think it looks blurry at 1080p

Basic Member
    Looks good on my end. I dont' have any issues with image quality the only thing I'd say it's that it needs a slightly higher bitrate for 1080p.

Other than that the image looks perfectly clean for me no issues what so ever, just the chat seems to disconnect often

I am using: IE11 though. When I tried Chrome I had all kinds of issues including blurriness in 1080p. So it seems to be a Chrome issue or a compability issue. IE11 1080p is perfect Just a bit higher bitrate

Quote Originally Posted by Garfff View Post
    To test with Firefox either:

1) Get the latest development version of Firefox from Mozilla: https://nightly.mozilla.org/

OR

2) Disable the built-in whitelist that blocks Steam Broadcasting from accessing the streaming video extensions in Firefox. Go to about:config and flip "media.mediasource.whitelist" to false.

Compatibility of Firefox with Steam Broadcasting is tracked here:
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1108086
    Thank you so much, 2nd option worked and now I can watch in Firefox, I was looking everywhere to find solution but couldn't find it, thank you again !

720p good, no lag, but I agree with others, it is little bit blurry and chat dc.
    Thank you IceFrog, Valve and Dota 2 team for everything you doing for Dota 2 community.

Basic Member
    Honestly for people that have a blurry stream try IE11 if you are on Windows 8, for me it fixed the issues I had in Chrome.

Looks much better now, is it possible to increase the bitrate? 3.5 seems quite low for 1080p

Basic Member
    For me it is currently the best looking stream, but I completely agree with the people here asking for higher bitrate.
    Is there any reason for 3.5 Mbps apparently being the cap for both this stream and Twitch?
    Of course there must be some point where using a higher bitrate is pointless or too expensive, but when I am sitting on a 800 Mbps connection I sure wish I was able to make use of it!

Can you guys mute or turn down the announcer/hero voice volume? It's super loud and overcomes the caster volume.

Thanks for the stream.

Edit: Seems like the audio is lagging a second or two behind the video. People in chat were saying it's a DotaTV issue.
    Last edited by SquallLeonE; 05-29-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Basic Member
    The Stream takes a lot of FPS from dota
    Without stream 60 FPS in Dota, Stream open in Steam it drops to about 30, Stream on Fullscreen down to 10 fps.
    That never happens with twitch

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elklopso View Post
    The Stream takes a lot of FPS from dota
    Without stream 60 FPS in Dota, Stream open in Steam it drops to about 30, Stream on Fullscreen down to 10 fps.
    That never happens with twitch
    That's because the current Steam build is not supporting 60fps. Use Chrome or IE11